Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change to PTL or million credit objective
I've seen a decent mid-round 15MW burn that had been running for maybe 40 minutes make 3k credits on the PTL. I imagine by round-end this probably looked towards 7.5k (a little less than double what was happening at mid-round). This was an engine setup on basic w/o any agent b or molitz beta; I think 10k would be very reasonable given those circumstances, but given some stuff is still being shaken out in the PR realm with the agent b stuff, I'd like to see how that resolves before anything definitive on the credit amount, as that may become much easier or much harder within the next couple of weeks.

My own personal belief too is that it shouldn't be something obscenely difficult for people to do; I'm very interested and a huge proponent of trying to make engineering really accessible for players who might not otherwise think twice about it. Goals in other departments I don't think ever really had the same level of difficulty the PTL income goal had even pre-TEG changes, it was very much kind of a "bragging rights" badge for the early stages of those trained in the ways of Number Go Up. Something else I was never a biiiig fan of was that it's a CE-only objective. I think if the badge were to be looked over again, I'd like it to be something feasible for mid- to above-mid level engineers to attain, versus only high-level engineers, and I would really really like it to be a goal available to all engineers so that even non-CE engineers get an accomplishment for burning as a part of a team versus emphasizing solo burns. I like team burns, but that's maybe just me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change to PTL or million credit objective - by nefarious6th - 05-23-2021, 02:38 PM