Poll: Monkies?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
8 50.00%
Yes, but maybe yes
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All jobs have their own monki
Heart 
As a chem guy, I am profoundly disappointed by the lack of monkeys (ESPECIALLY on Cogmap 1).

I LOVE monkies and they MUST be a happy thing created for ALL departments, not just my chemistry lab that is destroyed if nobody is inside the chem place.

It is of UTMOST NECESSITY that the JANITOR has his own monki. The priest needs a MONKI against potential antags. The chef has a mouse, but that can easily be replaced with MONKI. 

I always wondered why the AI didn't have a monki with a set of bombs nearby, to spice things up.

Security has a monki, but it's closed in jail. Now that is NOT very nice. Monki should have access to GUNS! Otherwise, it is sad monki.

Engineering always has a problem with monki. It has a monki, but it never has access to a lighter and some fuel next to coal. Maybe even a pre-prepared hellburn, to make things nice.

If we think even better, maintenance must be FILLED with monkies, preferably rabid ones. I know that rabid monkies aren't a thing, but I'm SURE the community can come up with something.

And why just Maint? Why not the hallways as well?

Actually, why name it Space Station 13? Let's name it Monki Station 13. It's not like we're far away from them, intellectually.

Therefore, I request MORE MONKIES in Chemistry and everywhere as well.

Thankyou very much.
Monkeys cause unimaginable suffering if you so much as click them on intent 2. We have enough monkeys as is.
only if the monkeys in maint drop loot
(05-21-2021, 08:46 AM)Cal Wrote: only if the monkeys in maint drop loot

I want to take this one step further and turn maint into a full roguelike with randomly generated monkeys, that all have randomly generated loot, and a maze, with a monkey boss battle if you live long enough
monkey-themed azone accessible through a secret maint entrance
security monkey with one arm replaced with a stun baton and the other arm replaced with a barrier, and a full sec uniform, of course
Chem monkey has his face melted off. Telesci monkey teleports randomly.
Go play Medical Doctor for awhile and then tell me you want a monkey in your department.

Genetics opens the door once and leaves it open, one monkey picks up and steals every surgical tool in the operation theater and has every glove out of box, and every syringe thrown to every corner.

No.
(05-21-2021, 10:33 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Go play Medical Doctor for awhile and then tell me you want a monkey in your department.

Genetics opens the door once and leaves it open, one monkey picks up and steals every surgical tool in the operation theater and has every glove out of box, and every syringe thrown to every corner.

No.

This. Until monkeys are less psychotic and die faster, the fewer of them the better.
The departmental monkeys are trained, the ones in the monkey dome aren't so they cause bigger messes, maybe we should add a way to train the monkeys. Also, I agree give Stir Stir a huge revolver so they can shoot anyone who tries to steal their beret.
I am actually in shock some of you took my proposal seriously.

I actually just want to get rid of the chemistry monki. On Cogmap, at least.
Imo, don't get rid of the monkey just make it domesticated, but then we would have to come up with a new monkey name and stuff.
I also think it would be a shame to get rid of it.

I do like the idea of giving the monkey a name tho, since afaik its the only monkey that spawns outside the monkey pen that isn't named.

Miss Take (possibly spelled as Ms. Take) could be an idea, since it's allready one of the random monkey names.
I kinda am for domesticating it, idk, all I want is to not hop and take every_single_item and make a mess outta it. I'd add that sometimes Medbay needs us to fix their shit, so there is a certain degree of order required.

We have a Heisenbee, so, uhh

Nim Chimpsky? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nim_Chimpsky

Nim was supposedly smart, so I guess it'd be alright for chem since he wouldn't do much evil. He could be an NPC like Shitty Bill and say a few monki sounds, thus being just a reskin, without much problems.

LATER EDIT: What about Rhesus? RH has its origins from it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhesus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhesus_macaque
Step 1: Inject monke with poison
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Underpants.

Wait a minute...