HoS App
Usual character name: Neo Xzilon / Matcha Usucha and some other less frequent characters
BYOND username: Retrino
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Retrino (or sqwibby, currently)
Recommended by (if applicable): Cal, Nihisohel, Drago (like a while ago though)
Goon servers you play: 1, 3 and 4

Reason for application: To be honest, I wasn’t sure about applying for a while, since I play sec so infrequently and didn’t really meet my own standards for what I thought an HoS should be. I’ve worked on myself a good bit to be a better role model overall, and set a personal goal to go a certain period of time without making (unfixable) mistakes. As many have said and I’m sure will continue to say, security flows a lot better with an HoS around. It can be a big relief to have someone around to help make decisions, and not feel overwhelmed with complete responsibility of making calls in situations. Being that person is what I’ve really worked on becoming, and not purely in a security sense.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I’ve played sec on and off for quite a while, probably first getting into it a couple months after I started. My playstyle has evolved significantly since I began. Ironically, starting to play security assistant is what got me back into sec. Being able to observe the different ways people play, while still playing a part, is fun. It’s especially fun to play while there is an HoS on shift, since there’s always more of a sense of structure. I still suck quite a bit at combat, but over time I’ve been able to get a better understanding of how to approach situations and interact with others, both within sec and with the crew. My relationship with sec has developed from hating it, enjoying it, a phase of being overly picky of how people play it, and to where I am now... Which is a mix of all of those. It can be complicated to give a static opinion on security, as it varies so much between rounds. The inconsistencies of it, however, are what I find to be most interesting.

More recently, I’ve done a few rounds on Fridays as an HoS and occasionally NTSO, and it's given me a better picture of how stressful, but rewarding, it can be. I’m definitely still not perfect, and often catch myself making silly mistakes, but I’ve tried to move past perfectionism and realize that things don’t always go right, and that’s okay. There are good moments, winning or losing. Security is also, in my opinion, one of the biggest social roles. Working with a team, or just having moments with crew/antags, has been one of my favorite things to do. I’d like to share that experience with others by being around to help push them in the right direction.

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players? Don’t be afraid to ask questions. This is universal advice, and can be taken in many ways. One being confusion about both technical things, or the culture of sec itself. If you don’t understand why another sec off chose to take a certain action, ask them. If you’re having trouble doing a certain task, be honest about not understanding it. There’s nothing wrong with learning, and you’ll have a better experience overall.

Another thing I mean by this is, don’t be afraid to ask about specific situations. Fellow sec offs aren’t always in the right, and having another point of view can sometimes be vital to a situation getting resolved smoothly.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) The first moment I always enjoy remembering was not too long ago, which was a situation with a ttv. There was someone with a ttv wanting to test it at the radio station, and the HoS asked us to dismantle it once we had gotten back. The result is pictured lower, in the Incredible Outstanding artistic rendition I made of it.

Another small moment I liked involved Matcha, which for context, is a character that only whispers. There was a miner in the refinery threatening to bomb it, and every time I spoke to them, they would reply, “I CAN’T HEAR YOU”. Stepping closer to them resulted in “NO YOU’RE GONNA FLASH ME”. Several times. This was a moment that I think perfectly captures that character’s relationship with playing sec, and it was wonderful.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? This is extremely niche, but PLEASE. Please make breaching charges not arm on open crates. I’ve accidentally blown up the crate in the armory several times, and it hurts

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? This idea is somewhat inspired by an idea Zamujasa had a while back, and I’m sure has probably been done before, but I’ve always thought it would be cute to use the crayons to draw out body outlines and caution tape for crime scenes. Maybe use sticky notes as little markers for evidence, that kind of thing.
Draw a picture!
[Image: professionals.png][Image: matchaandthestupidhat.png]

(second image featuring matcha in their ntso outfit)

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 
One ban:
[Image: Screenshot_284.png]
Yes! Without a doubt! You're always a joy to have in rounds and unceasingly kind both in game and on discord. You've helped me make big decisions in RP regarding security matters when -I- was Head of Security and you always treat antagonists kindly and fairly. I would be honored to let you lead me and my team. +1!
I guess I'd always assumed you were already HoS'd. Fun player, knows their stuff. I'd be comfortable being led by you. +1.
Yeah, I can trust Retrino, haven't seen bad sec play from them and I can trust them to make the right decision most of the time, I have played a few stressful sec rounds with them and they did good. +1
While i havent seen Neo on sec too much, Ive seen them in game plenty, and I trust them to be hos. +1
-1 unless they change Neos lore to be 6'3 instead of 2'5.

Serious note +1 Very robust and fun to play with! Cant wait to have them execute me for using excessive super lube
Wow I finally got my name put as a recc for once... I can die happy. BUT BEFORE I DO DIE I GOTTA BACK UP THIS RECC!

Abso-fucking-lutely yes +1 make this nerd a HoS and throw them the beret/hat. Very great player all around and knows how to be robust but also how to be fair and lenient.
Yeah for sure, +1
Stupid stinky

+1
I can reccomend Neon Xerox for printer of the year. Printer cartridges were overpriced, as per usual, but other than that they're a reliable machine for making bootleg copies of The Trial of Heisenbee
It isn't always the most often we get Neo Xzilon on the team, but when we do its damn good and I can trust Retrino has the knowhow to do the job right. easy +1
YES YES YES +1
+1 Retrino is knowledgeable and knows how to use that knowledge for fun big grin
Good player, good sec, +1
Haven’t seen you too much but my experiences with you have been very nice so +1