Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Area Pressurization Tools
Red Oxygen Grenade 

Quote:Research into the artificial formation of Oxygen Agent B has currently come up empty.  Fortunately a number of related experiments was able to format octaoxygen, often referred to as red oxygen. Efforts to utilize this has rocket fuel got lost in the bureaucratic pipeline and somehow ended up on someones desk regarding maintain station pressure.  Thus an [i]uncomfortably unstable means of pressurizing a space was created![/i]

Takes 1500 moles of Oxygen, 100 moles of Carbon Dioxide ("result of combustion used to raise temperature of gas due to extreme expansion") and distributes it across the airgroup where the grenade explodes.  This bypasses the standard rate for gas merging via the atmospheric simulation.

Due to the high pressure of gas being released causes a similar result as sonic powder going off causing: Misstep, Ear Damage, Temporary Deafness, and Stamina loss.

[Image: Grenade1.png][Image: Grenade2.gif]
*Red Cryo Grenade - Coder Sprites!!!!

Extreme-Pressure Pressurization Device

Slowly takes in ambient air and pressurizes it by volume to maximize molar quantities.
Takes in ores compatible with a gas extractor and extracts them over time and then pressurizes them to maximize molar quantities.

When activated it can either:
  • slowly release the gas to stabilize the pressure of a space.
  • Violently release all air into the ambient space. (Perform similar behavior as above to provide the gas directly to all members of the airgroup and similar "sonic effect")

[Image: HPPD.png]
*Coder Sprites!!!! Is Coffee Maker?!1?

Rapid Pressurization Canister Collar

Attaches to standard canisters and adjusts the speed in way in which air is released from a canister.  Would distribute gas to neighboring turfs to expedite distribution of atmos.

Presumably could have the same "violent release" feature that would destroy the canister as a result.  Though I find this mechanically less justifiable as it would seem as though that should be the behavior if you were to wack a canister to pop (or maybe that is the solution...).
Grenades? Pfft what is this?

Make a Pressurised air pump that you have to carry on your back and fill up at the peppermint air tanks! Pressurise in style!
Anything that makes represurizing a room more fun and fast than opening a can in it Is a good change
I think the EPRD sprite is good! Don't be down on yourself. This has been the holy grail of engineering for an age.
How about instead of canisters of air we have CANS OF AIR.
Spaceballs Reference.

(05-19-2021, 05:00 PM)Leeanei Wrote: I think the EPRD sprite is good! Don't be down on yourself.

Thanks.  I stand atop the shoulders of giants when being able to steal/copy/utilize existing assets made by this wonderful and talented community.

(05-19-2021, 09:34 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: How about instead of canisters of air we have CANS OF AIR.
Spaceballs Reference.
Raising Eyebrowbest part of waking up!
I like this idea, it tickles me.  Feels like a gag form of internals.