Skenny's HoS Application
Usual character name: Skenny Betty
BYOND username: Skenn
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Skenn#6849
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee

Reason for application: I have been doing security the most since I started, and I know how important the HoS is, and since now feel I have enough experience, I could be a HoS.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Security officer is the job I played the most and it’s my favourite out of the ones I tried, when I first started I wasn’t very good at arresting people and chasing them when they run away, so I would stay near the computer listening to people’s complaints, setting ppl to arrest, etc..
And doing those things made me like spending time listening to ppl tell me about shady behaviour they saw from some players they suspect are antag, and in most cases those people get it right, so giving importance to their words and actually investigating that person can win you a lot of time and u can then keep an eye on these antags.

Blob rounds are one of my favourite, giving everyone flamethrowers and phasers to fight the blob is one of my favourite things to do (as a non sec officer during a blob round I hate it when security officers just ignore civilians and don’t give them any weapons to help which makes me feel so useless)

Even tho many people are mean to security officers, I noticed that when you act nice most of them stop being mean and will actually trust you.
I try to let using my baton or my tgun be last because I prefer talking to the person first, letting them know they’re under arrest and for what reason, if they accept to come I wouldn’t use force and sometimes not even handcuff them (ofc depends on the crime they committed)
and all of these little things just make people trust you more as an officer and come to you when they have a problem instead of trying to solve it themselves (which is in many cases a bad idea)
Every person is important and my focus doesn’t only go to antags, if the chef doesn’t like it when people unnecessarily enter his kitchen and mess it up I will help him out, if someone is getting bullied by someone else I will help out, …
I also like to keep an eye on my fellow security officers because sometimes some of them will abuse their power or treat people badly (which ofc isn’t acceptable)

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?

1. PEOPLE HAVE MOUTHS, THEY CAN SPEAK (does not apply to mime) don’t just directly stun a person or beat them, I have been beaten up by a security officer many times and then they realize it’s not me they’re after or there is a misunderstanding, talk to the person first. Many people (even if they’re wrong and crimers) won’t run away right away (so when u just directly beat a person u won’t let them talk if you’re wrong and u will increase the chances of them deciding to run)
2. Tickets are fun, you can be very creative
3. Don’t forget the timer when you brig someone NEVER PERMA (I’ve seen ppl wanting to do that or forgetting the timer)

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

This one time I saw really shady behaviour from the chef (as a janitor) and when to this security officer who really spent a lot of time with me listening to me and noting everything I said (which was very nice of him) then I went to the chef to check he kills me and cooks me (not knowing I reported him) he just killed whoever entered his kitchen
I just liked how the officer listened to me even tho he didn’t catch him right away

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.

When i'm in a team I would make sure we are a real team and on the same line, we can bait antags and crimers and do really cool things
When i'm alone I end to stay in sec taking small complaints, or just have fun ticketing ppl for minor crimes

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

They’re in red, around your bed
Even in your dreams they make sure you’re safe mate
You have seen a crime? Someone fed you a lime?
just find an officer and we’ll plan a bait

Draw a picture!
[Image: skenny_betty.png]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): NEVER
Good sec, never had a bad experience with them +1

Also seems your picture broke sadly  frown
Added some grammar/spelling fixes requested by the applicant. Still currently resolving the image issue.
Image issue has been resolved, and the picture they drew has been added.
Unfortunately, I've never been able to see you as Security but I've seen you in other roles and think you're pretty cool
Served plenty alongside Skenny Betty. I like him lots, I find them to be funny & their name is memorable. They are apart of my dream-team.
Though I don't speak to them much, I often see them skittering about in the department, making themselves useful in small ways.
Ticketing, Managing the front desk, observing situations quietly, handling complaints and tips from the crew, generally instilling a security presence.
I have yet to see them abuse the crew or show undue aggression.

While I feel they are fun and useful, I fear they lack in other qualities which I find important for an HoS.

Most notably, leadership. I have yet to see Skenny assert themselves in any manner as a senior.
It is good to be quiet, observant and gather the facts--but the time comes for action, and you must act swiftly.
Intervene in Security Officers brigging prisoners. Observe them and ensure the prisoners are treated and sentenced fairly.

Next, Experience. I've seen you serving in the SEC-team plenty, however, I've not seen you handle matters of security extensively.
Brigging, handling petty crime, taking down enemies of the station. Perhaps it's just my own fault for not seeing you do it more.

+1. But weakly. Skenny seems like a good person but overall inexperienced. Handle matters efficiently and keep the security team in the green.
(05-23-2021, 04:02 PM)Chayot Wrote: Most notably, leadership. I have yet to see Skenny assert themselves in any manner as a senior.
It is good to be quiet, observant and gather the facts--but the time comes for action, and you must act swiftly.
Intervene in Security Officers brigging prisoners. Observe them and ensure the prisoners are treated and sentenced fairly.

Thank you so much, i really appreciate this and didnt really expect a good review from you since we really havent talked, or interacted much together

I agree i'm not the best at aresing people (even tho i have arrested a lot of ppl)
i definetly have to get better at moving fast and arresting better 

I have helped officers with a lot of things tho and always make sure people arent brigged permanently or treated badly (as many new officers tend to do) 
i like observing the other security officers and make sure they dont abuse their power (and since i listen to ppl's complaints a lot i have received some againts officers too so i take care of that)

but i mostly do that when there is no HoS around (and thats one of the reasons i applied, most of the times i play there isnt a HoS, and i honestly dont se myself choosing HoS during the times i know there will be you or arthur, rube or killbees because i think you all are way better than me at it)

i definetly have to get better at moving fast and arresting better
Good sec
I would like to join in on Chayot's "+1. But weakly.".

I think Betty is HoS material, im just not sure they're quite ready for it yet.

They're a fun player to have around and they're good at being a secoff. Great secoff to have on your team and far from the worst to be arrested by as crimer. However, like Chayot said, HoS requires a few additional qualities, and personally i'm not sure those are quite there yet.

If this application doesn't get accepted, i would totally recommend them to reapply at a later date.

P.S. Love the picture
I'm far from a security main, but I have played enough with Skenny to concur with Green and Chayot.

Skenny is one of those sec officers that having on the team creates a sense of reassurance due to their competency, but could definitely stand to... well... stand out more than they have in my personal experience. Sits in the background a bit too much, needs to be out in front on comms a bit more.

Provisional +1
Whenever I see skenny as sec; they tend to stay quiet and do their job. However; I dont see them on radio much, but they are doing good work. Skenny is good at sec, but communication is something to work on.

However; When I see them as non-sec, I have had a few "wtf" moments with them in recent memory. The first; They walked in on me vamping someone as a staffie, and said something along the lines of "Me next!". I told them quite colorfully to go away, and once they left then they ratted me out. Then, today even, they were a revhead, and went afk in a tree in the owlery for 20 minutes, until an admin killed them and ended the round. These are just two that I can remember off the top of my head. While these arent super bad experiences, its definetly something to note.

I wont +1 or -1 this; but if they do get it, they should work on their appearence as non sec, (sounds rich coming from me), and communication.
(05-28-2021, 06:16 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: However; When I see them as non-sec, I have had a few "wtf" moments with them in recent memory. The first; They walked in on me vamping someone as a staffie, and said something along the lines of "Me next!". I told them quite colorfully to go away, and once they left then they ratted me out. Then, today even, they were a revhead, and went afk in a tree in the owlery for 20 minutes, until an admin killed them and ended the round. These are just two that I can remember off the top of my head. While these arent super bad experiences, its definetly something to note.
I did apologize for being afk yesterday I didnt know it was gonna take that long. And yes abt the vamp thing, i can be "wtf" sometimes i admit it but never as security i only play security when im maybe even too serious,i dont joke a lot with that job.
i did say "me next!" but completely as to have u think "wtf was that" and i see it worked (i do that from time to time as staffie and most of the time when i join late. I did tell sec u were a vamp after that tho.
I dont if it can be bad if i do those "wtf" things tho. (they dont happen that often anyway)
Thank you for your coment!
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to mixed community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be August 26. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!