Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Improving Mining Borg
Maybe adding the option to upgrade the borg mining laser when enough materials have been accumulated? It's a bit saddening just having the basic laser which can't break some things lategame, when other miners could be tearing through the entire asteroid. Maybe a machine in mining or in the mining borg's kit that adjusts the behavior of the mining laser to be more on par with mid-lategame miners(possibly with spending resources)?
Some way to let Borgs make their own matsci mining tools would be cool, maybe something like a mag tractor that only works for mining tools, I dunno, I think giving them tools that are just better than the tools miners spawn with would be bad
I always imagined an idea where you have an upgrade you can manufacture that just upgrades your mining lasers strength (and upgrades other modules tools?). Cyborg mining is pretty lame due to how weak the tool is and some love would be appreciated.
I think it taking the form of a new upgrade could be very good idea. This could be a consumable upgrade that actually upgrades the tool, but having it be an upgrade that while active increases mining power could work too.

Whatever form it might take, i think this would be a great improvement.