Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Give ghostdrones easier access to items they need to fix the station!
Ghostdrone fan here,

Came back after a while and I will say that for the most part, I love the CRCD. Less power required to build things and less potential for grief is amazing. However, making it impossible to build transparent windows without stealing glass from crew storage is annoying, and I will also note that you have to steal AND craft floor tiles to fix broken floor tiles, which is really just inconvenient.

I would have in mind that, just like the engineering cyborgs, ghostdrones should get a solid 500 floor tiles into their arsenal of tools. The only way I can see that going wrong is covering space, but they can already do that with 15K energy to spare with 50 energy for each floor tile, so not really anything new there. Making windows from CRCD transparent would also be nice. With space wizards and vampires, I wouldn't see cardboard windows as any more of a fantasy.

Also I should note that like the RCD, having the CRCD print lamps would be nice. Who said a CRCD can't come with the RCD lamp installer?

That's really it. I don't think anything major needs to be done, the whole point of my idea is so ghostdrones don't have to take materials that might not even exist from the crew for themselves, and instead the crew trying to do their gimmicks and such can use them instead. Plus, why make it harder for ghostdrones to do good things, right?

Thanks for reading!

QUICK EDIT: This doesn't make anything in terms of repairs to create livable spaces easier. It just allows drones to make things look prettier without having to steal materials from the crew. Floor tiles are for welderbombs and such, and transparent cardboard glass so you don't have to steal glass from the crew for well, you know, real windows.
dont make it EASIER for ghostdrones to fix holes 30 seconds after they died to the explosion!
(05-14-2021, 04:48 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: dont make it EASIER for ghostdrones to fix holes 30 seconds after they died to the explosion!

It doesn't make it easier to fix the holes, the CRCD is easier than the RCD in some fashion due to less costs. Floor tiles are slower, and require two clicks instead of one. Floor tiles are to fix burnt ones and other tiles you'd like looking clean.
Oh god, here we go again...
(05-14-2021, 05:04 PM)Technature Wrote: Oh god, here we go again...

Please explain, what am I missing that might make adding tiles / building transparent windows a bad thing? (serious)
No, it's not that. It's the whole "Ghost Drones can make things harder for the antags and is thus a bad" thing that happened in the last Ghost Drone related thing.
(05-14-2021, 06:29 PM)Technature Wrote: No, it's not that.  It's the whole "Ghost Drones can make things harder for the antags and is thus a bad" thing that happened in the last Ghost Drone related thing.

Yeah, hoping that doesn't really happen here. It shouldn't, since it doesn't make repairing the station to livable quality any easier, as far as I can tell.