Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Town Hall (Sunday May 23rd)
Palpetinus:

Why doesn't Goon just set a player cap already?

They have four servers, but the "classic" first two always have a player count of like 80 and 10, during peaks, server 1 even has 100+ players while the second server still can't get more than 15. It's a vicious cycle, nobody plays on 2 because there's no players and there are no players because nobody wants to play on 2.
Are any really major balance changes planned? For example anything on par with the nitro removal.
Speaking about Nitro, since it was removed, can Silver Fulminate be made public now? Afaik it sharing "secret" precursors with nitro is the only reason a gimmicky chem like it wasn't public. Though it could be kept for the novelty of having to google how to make it.
Sorry if its a bad question, and feel free to ignore it. "If the admin team had one collective fursona, what would it be?" Didn't know if the questions had to be completely serious, so feel free to ignore this one if its a bad one!
As I understand it at the moment adventure zone area submissions are not being accepted. Is this correct? If so, im curious of the reasons behind this. Is there any chance an additional Z-level could be added with more player submitted adventure zone content, or is this limited by hardware or software at the moment?
Adding on a sixth question

What would be the Administrations stance for adding a new shift but goonatized rule to the RP servers to combat meta cliquing? (note if I need to explain what I mean by this PM me and I will)
I would appreciate a brief explanation in the forum as im not familiar and others may not be as well, unless anyone else objects
I believe they are wondering if there would be any interest from the admin team to add another rule/clarify current ones that indicate specifically and directly that each shift on the RP servers must be played like you have never worked with the other people on the shift before (goonatized being that you're a new clone/new assignment/new etc., whatever fits the LoreTM best), as people maintaining multi-round persistent friendships can sometimes fall into engaging in those relationships at the exclusion of allowing new or other players to join in on interactions as well.
Thanks!
i have a question or two, due to chems getting quite a few changes over the past few weeks, is there any plans to rework it, i know how massive of a project that is but, i am getting bored of the constant idea of something a long the lines of "put beaker in dispenser, heat=chem". My vision of chems involves stuff like: distilling, heating, drying, making suitable beakers to hold certain acidic/explosive chems, fuming chems, so on.

Now, my main question is: is there going to be a time where an alchemist job is made,  I know, what i said there is pretty vague and doesn't give you a good idea of why i would like it and what it would be like. I just think that the idea of having an alchemy job would be really fucking amazing, also, i know it might not work due to alchemy's close relations to chemistry. I just want to put that in there as a suggestion to think about, you guys are really talented and if my alchemy suggestion gets put into thought despite my vague description of it, i would love to see it
Just want to remind people that if you post a question here and do want to ask followups, please do stick around in the Discord during the Town Hall. If you post a question in advance, and you're not around when we ping you for followups, but you come back later and still want to ask followups, we're probably not gonna stop everything and give you Talking Stick back.

You can however still ask your followup in the Discord channel for Town Hall questions. That channel will be clearly marked as such, e.g. clown-hall-questions-channel (so please don't try to ask them in #ss13-questions), and it opens up when Town Hall starts (speaking of, please keep the discussions in the questions channel to a minimum). We generally go through questions posted here first, then the ones posted in the Discord channel for Town Hall questions.

We're generally not gonna rush you or restrict how many questions you can ask, so please, take your time, and go ahead and ask your questions. We might stop soliciting questions in the Discord channel for Town Hall questions though, so if you want to guarantee your question is answered, post it in advance here.
With monkey clothing growing to be on par with human clothing, would you consider a sort of watchlist for clothing items that are ill fitting on monkeys when the project is finished?
Since the test back in January, what are the issues in the pathology rework that still need to be ironed out?
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Also, are there any concerns that you guys are having that you'd like to bring up? Just wanna know if there's a list of specific issues that you guys wanna talk about such as team sync or major issues with the game that you wanna iron out.
Hey, I have no idea if I'll be there, but I do have a timely thing on my mind:

Main thing I'd like to ask is two closely related questions: Is there any [plan/will?] to codify the acceptance/rejection process for PRs? Also, can we get some sort of thing detailing what goals & boundaries the dev teams sets (with their reasoning!) more clearly than "someone will say no in discord when you mention or show off your idea"?
I don't know how common the feeling is among others but I've felt that the nature and extent of response PRs get is pretty much arbitrary, while at the same time stuff can get rejected or reverted for rather opaque reasons.

Personally I've had a fair bit of frustration with this stuff in past, and I feel like more could be done to prevent wasting people's time and effort. It's a volunteer thing on all sides after all, and I wouldn't be surprised if this grinds on the spirits of other contributers too. (The only case I know being F191 getting annoyed with how CW removal was handled.)

Good luck with the town hall!