Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Town Hall (Sunday May 23rd)
Star 
Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well.   queen greater domestic space-bee

The admin team has decided to host a Town Hall on Sunday the 23rd of May, starting around 8pm GMT.

Like the last thread from December, to preface, there is no big announcement or event that triggered this – we have simply decided it would be a good time to provide players with an opportunity to ask any questions or voice any concerns they may have and for us to provide a platform to receive and answer them.

Questions are not restricted to any specific criteria and you may also direct them to specific staff (though not all of us will be able to make it). The questions can be about the rules, game mechanics, sound design, the direction that the game is moving in, or even stuff relating to the Discord/the admin team in general.

For those of you who have not seen or participated in a Town Hall before, the basic rundown is that it is a ‘public Q&A’ of sorts. We create a channel on Discord before the Town Hall begins which players will eventually be permitted to post in and indicate that they would like to ask a question/few questions. You’ll be given a ‘talking stick’ role and elevated to another channel where you can ask your questions and staff will try their best to answer them. (This will all be publicly viewable).

Players are given roughly 5 minutes to ask whatever questions they want. We expect this town hall to go for roughly 2-3 hours (you don’t have to hang around or participate if you don’t feel like it).

If you are unable to make it but would still like to ask questions, or post your questions in advance, then you are encouraged to do so below in this thread. Please do not make off-topic posts or start arguments – these posts will be deleted.

Hope you can make it; we’re looking forward to having a good discussion on the 23rd!   Boogiebot
Question for wire:

How's the progress on the server hardware migration?
(05-14-2021, 07:54 AM)Camryn Wrote: Question for wire:

How's the progress on the server hardware migration?

?
Is there any prospects of a Moth race being added? I know that people already tried and Moths couldn't be merged from other servers, but is that basically the end of it for the idea of a Moth race?
Five Questions even though I’m off on a break.

1. As stated many times on Immapper, goonstation isn’t accepting new maps. What would cause a change in this policy, and would a new map future be in the cards anytime soon?

2. Are there any plans to expand the Z levels to a larger play space of 500x500 if possible?

3. Will there be a overhaul to how space mining works to make it more dangerous and more based around Progression or dangerous? (Maybe Even a possible use for the drone scrap and a Matsci rework :shelterfrogsmile

4. With summer approaching, what state would you want goon to be in by the time it ends (features wise)

5. How Atmozied should mapping PRs be? Should it be by areas effected, departments effected, or by how the changes effect gameplay?
(05-14-2021, 08:57 AM)Redbonky Wrote: Is there any prospects of a Moth race being added? I know that people already tried and Moths couldn't be merged from other servers, but is that basically the end of it for the idea of a Moth race?

Moths are extremely pog in and of themselves, but i'm wondering if any more mutantraces in general are being added.
when will we be blessed enough to receive wooden cyborgs
With some things getting changed due to griefing players (eg. ghostdrone RCD), is there any chance we could get more unlocks for long term players?
Are you guys open to, or planning new antags? As of right now we don’t have that much antag diversity. Spytheifs and traitors are similar,  gangs are rare, then theres revs changelings and vampires. There is so much room for antag expansion, especially when you look at other codebases.
are there any plans to add more adventure zones?
1. Is there any interest in adding more station-wide objectives for everyone on the server to work towards on RP, and if so, are there any specific ideas you'd be willing to share?

2. What are some things that have been removed or are just very old that might be in line for reworks? Are there any features currently in the game or in the code that need attention, do you think?
1. What was the biggest surprise for you, as admins, about the Human Resprite project? Do you feel like there's been a noticeable impact on the playerbase? If so, what?

2. What is the thing that we as players can do that will help the server *the most*?
1.Are there being any new jobs added? , Gore was working on adding a Magician job but stopped for a while

2.If there ARE being any new jobs added, What is it gonna be? I'm Curious because last time when I asked we Got a rancher job added ingame.

3.Are the current mutant races being reworked?
[edit: eagle already asked my first question. gone now]

If a new map were to be added, what traits would you like it to have? (I don’t expect a concerted response about this, feel free to chime in with personal opinions)
What are the dev's opinions on Manta's current state? Are there any plans to ever ""finish"" it?