Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cap. Johnny Bones Ban Appeal
My IRC/Discord Username: [the username you were using at the time of the ban] Coxx#2000
Date and time of the ban: [when it happened, an estimate is okay] Right now, 5/13/2021, 9:49
Who banned me: [Write "unknown" if you don't know. We will look it up if that is the case] Not sure
Message given in the kick, if present [the message that appears when you are kicked from the channel. If you do not know why you were banned or no message is shown you can write "unknown" here and we will reply with the reason.] Banned from "lying about being from israel/living from israel to spread right wing rhetoric, talking about drug addicts in the lgbtq channel in a weird way. Go find someplace else to spread your shit lol."
Summary of events leading up to the ban: [Describe what happened just before you were banned.  What were you talking about, how were people reacting, stuff like that.  Chatlogs are very helpful here, if they're more than a couple lines, please use pastebin or another similar service and post the link.  Please be as brief as you can while also being thorough.] I was talking in multiple channels, general, ss13-questions help, spaceman-chat, the political discussion one, and the LGBTQIA+ friendly chat. In the main one I was talking about Rimworld moralities, how to make a cold circle, the wars in Israel/Palestine, and the ability of "should you do something to help" or not in the LGBT channel.
Why I should be unbanned: [Here's where you sell us on the idea of lifting the ban.  Please try to keep it brief, but make sure you include all the information you feel would be useful.]
Welp, here goes. Get ready for this absolute hell of a thread.
To start, I would like to combat the ban reasons.

1. "Lying about being from Israel/living from israel to spread right wing rhetoric."
Awesome! I'm glad someone typed this out without asking me. While I do not want to expose myself too much, I guess I might have to. My father, grandfather, and grandmother were born in Israel. All served in the IDF. I am currently living in Florida for business, but I have four cousins and two aunts/uncles currently residing in Tel Aviv Yafo. I am an American, Swiss, and Israeli Citizen. My family owns the goddamn house there, so yes, I do live in Israel. I can take a picture if you want, but I'd rather not show any private details of mine. I go to the Chabbad of the Grove every Saturday. So that's that. "spread right wing rhetoric." Right wing rhetoric? What in the absolute hell? First of all, I am no right wing. I am a very consistently independent, because I think that assigning people as "wings" is simply in place to seperate the nation. Second of all, I was literally advocating for combatting war! All I said was that "war will lead to immense casualties on all sides, and I truly believe we need some kind of one state/two state solution." I'm not sure how saying that you probably shouldnt go to war as that would lead to absolute hell on Earth is right wing, but so be it. And, just to touch up. Despite the fact that i'm not even right wing, how the hell is that a bannable offense?

2. "Talking about drug addicts in the lgbtq channel in a weird way."
I'm going to quickly assume that this is to imply that I started talking there in order to either make fun or discredit the LGBT. If that's not why, then I can't find a valid reasoning. Here are some of my quotes that I said in there, based off of the top of my head.

"I think that if you do something, and it doesnt hurt anyone but/or yourself, then you should be able to do it." In response to parents not beliving or supporting trans peoples.

Someone promptly responded with: "thats a very good thing to think (or something.)"  Somebody wondered about the morality of letting people hurt themselves, and I said "if I was a crack addict, and you had the opportunity to help me, would you not?"
Thats it. Not even remotely close to being anti LGBT.

And here's the kicker: I'm gay! Now, I know that a lot of people say this in order to combat any rude thing they said (which I did not) and i'm only saying this because I believe I got banned by people thinking I was anti LGBT. It also sounds like "I can say the N-word, i'm black!" with no proof. So here is proof.
Below, I will attach screenshots of me and my friends discussing my sexuality. Dates/ Times will be in their too. Also, my discord name is literally cocks. (Coxx) If that ain't a dead giveaway, then I'm not sure what is.

Usually, when people get banned, they apologize, say they'll never do it again, and plead to be let back. I believe I have done nothing wrong, so I am not apologizing. If you took it the wrong way, i'm sorry, but understand that was not my intention.

Please read this all. I have grown a liking to the people on the discord, and it would be a shame if I left so soon.

WARNING: SOME OF THESE SC CONTAIN NSFW DISCUSSION. SORRY.

m.imgur.com/a/DT8M2DO

If this link doesnt work, let me know.
hi, and thank you for your ban appeal. unfortunately, we will not be accepting it at this time. please re-appeal in 1 month at the earliest. thank you.
(05-13-2021, 07:11 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: hi, and thank you for your ban appeal. unfortunately, we will not be accepting it at this time. please re-appeal in 1 month at the earliest. thank you.

I don't... really know why, but ok.
Just wondering, 1. Am I still aloud to play on the main Goon servers? You banning me or not, it's still something I enjoy.
2. Any chance you can go more in depth for the ban reason? I really feel like I did nothing wrong. Fine if you don't. Thanks.
you are not banned from the game.
(05-13-2021, 07:48 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: you are not banned from the game.

Thank you!