Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
softer whistle noise?
im on the asd and part of my condition renders me sensitive to some sound, specifically ones that are both loud and highpitched ones. the whistle is incredibly shrill, and it's especially unpleasant when somebody is sitting around and spamming it.

would it be possible to have the whistle noise be altered to a different, less ear-piercing sound?
yes i was actually working on this right now, it's too loud currently
thank you!
I gave the whistle two new sound files (it picks between the two randomly and pitch shifts them) and got rid of the old one (it had background noise in the recording that made it particularly bleh). A whistle is always gonna sound like a whistle because it exists to get your attention, but hopefully the way it sounds now should be less abrasive and annoying. You can see/hear a clip of it in action here in an environment lacking the screaming and taser shooting during typical whistle deployment.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...44-16.webm
(05-10-2021, 10:22 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: im on the asd and part of my condition renders me sensitive to some sound, specifically ones that are both loud and highpitched ones. the whistle is incredibly shrill, and it's especially unpleasant when somebody is sitting around and spamming it.

would it be possible to have the whistle noise be altered to a different, less ear-piercing sound?

As another person on the ASD spectrum, loud and surprising noises are extremely scary to me. This would be nice, maybe also making John Bill's bus starting up less noisy.
(05-11-2021, 12:07 AM)virvatuli Wrote: I gave the whistle two new sound files (it picks between the two randomly and pitch shifts them) and got rid of the old one (it had background noise in the recording that made it particularly bleh). A whistle is always gonna sound like a whistle because it exists to get your attention, but hopefully the way it sounds now should be less abrasive and annoying. You can see/hear a clip of it in action here in an environment lacking the screaming and taser shooting during typical whistle deployment.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...44-16.webm

that's much smoother and less ear piercing. thank you very much