Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampire Balance Suggestion
I have seen people complaining about the vampire for a little while now, for a while people were saying "it's too weak!" then they added glare, then all I heard was "it's too powerful!" and I have an idea.

How about you balance the vampire so when it's in a high light level tile, it's powers are weakened / disabled. that would make vampire rounds a little more interesting, forcing people to use flashlights and trying to stay in a bright area. while vampires hunt in the dark.
Supporting this idea.
Just as long as the bite isn't affected by this, I support this idea.
I thought toting around flashlights is already standard practice against Vampires due to Cloak of Darkness.

Personally I think Glare is fine, it's Hypnotise I don't like. It used to be a high blood ability, perhaps it should go back to being that.
Embolism Wrote:I thought toting around flashlights is already standard practice against Vampires due to Cloak of Darkness.

Personally I think Glare is fine, it's Hypnotise I don't like. It used to be a high blood ability, perhaps it should go back to being that.

Once I get one or two victims I don't need Hypnotize as a vampire. Spawn, find inattentive schmuck, Glare, chokehold while I steal the radio, oh look at that, you can't do shit and I get EVERY SINGLE USEFUL POWER EXCEPT MIST FORM.

The health update doubling blood per victim and Glare were the one two punch that made vampires ridiculous. The stopgap solution would be to double blood requirements but that'd just slow down the inevitable freight train that is an invisible shapeshifting screaming bat-spawning teleporting vampire with an array of crowd control powers and a free recovery from stun that also heals them.
I'll be honest, I like vampires being overpowered because of how rare they are. That being said, they need to at least be defeatable without rushing them with a group in a small space.
a big problem is that the vampire has no weaknesses it can't get rid of with a braindead guy and a medkit

get enough blood and you can stand the chapel and i'm pretty sure holy water/starlight (i haven't been vamp in a while but i don't think i've ever seen a vampire start burning at any of these)

we need crosses and garlic, dumb shit that can make vampires weaker without totally destroying them (if the vamp can mange to disarm you then you're gonna have some trouble)
I may be wrong, but a vampire in space gets burned by the starlight. It would be nice if being within 1 or 2 tiles of a window or hull breach also had this effect.
Okay, I didn't want to be the first one to complain about vampire, but it seems the feeling around here is neutral. Vamps need to be neutered a bit.
For some odd reason I haven't got changling in a few months, but I roll vampire almost frequently, and even when playing it, it's just not fun because there's no real challenge.

Here are my major complaints:
  1. Rejuvenate (more so rejuvenate+), glare, chiropteran screech (the worst) cost absolutely no blood points whatsoever. This is awful. I'd argue mist form should cost blood points too, as you already start off with access, and you are not a fucking wizard.
  2. Sunglasses still don't block Glare, as minor as this sounds, is still obnoxious as fuck.
  3. From the wiki "Once unlocked, the Vampire keeps the power for the rest of the round, even if their blood level dips under the point they unlocked it at". Lets change this so that vampire gets weaker the more blood he uses, so essentially the opposite to what was stated. That means vamps will be VERY frugal with how they use their blood.

Granted if any of those nerfs are put in place, I'd like to see some spells buffed. Diseased touch, costing 100 points is rather lame and is never used when your bats could easily kill the shit out of someone much faster. I'd say diseased touch should be 25 blood points. I'd also say if any nerf is put in place that the vampire would probably need a helping hand more, so enthrall at 200 blood points would be better