Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Machine Translators and Rogue AI/Borgs
Marquesas Wrote:
nepereta Wrote:I am one of those dreadful people who implant almost every round I think it increases my survival chances!

Don't forget to move all RCDs and magboots to riot control and space any AI module that can be used as freeform.
Marq, you forgot the most important thing, you have to shut down the entire science wing because it can be deadly, and dismantle Genetics research computers and demand they stay in their office and do nothing but clone, because superpowers can be dangerous.
Uh, you guys forgot to Bolt EVA and the teleporter along with the Upload, because people can do dangerous things with those. crossarms
While we all love band wagons, lets get back on topic here. It appears that the real problem is how easy it is to get a translator, perhaps it should use a rarer component to make. I do not support the notion that it should be possible to disable active implants, seeing as it would then be worthless if not debilitating for no real benefit.
Preid Wrote:While we all love band wagons, lets get back on topic here. It appears that the real problem is how easy it is to get a translator, perhaps it should use a rarer component to make. I do not support the notion that it should be possible to disable active implants, seeing as it would then be worthless if not debilitating for no real benefit.
The thing is, AI's won't know you got the implant unless they're constantly checking or you said something, and it'd be a chore for them to keep you disabled so they likely wouldn't. It'd add a layer of premeditation to the rogue AI's plotting over that channel.
Preid Wrote:I do not support the notion that it should be possible to disable active implants, seeing as it would then be worthless if not debilitating for no real benefit.

You say that as though the only benefit of Machine Translator Implants is to check if the AI is rogue. That is exactly why this suggestion is here.