Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make the traitor signal jammer block PDA messages and implant crit/death alerts
Inspired by the thread about cloner health implants. Plus it would be nice to have a way to kill a secoff without the entire department immediately knowing.
Good idea though I'm not sure if this isn't actually how it works currently.
(05-09-2021, 04:51 AM)pali6 Wrote: Good idea though I'm not sure if this isn't actually how it works currently.

Haven't gone code diving but the wiki only mentions it blocking radio.
Yeah confirming that the signal jammer blocks all packets which includes PDA messages and implant alerts.
Signal jammer isn't used as often as it should. Its very useful.
Make it block announcements too, please, this one would be harder to code tho.
Also, perhaps cameras and AI shell transfer? Signal blocking an AI only for it to jump to a shell to tell everyone feels weird
Signal blocker blocking AI cameras? That would be pretty nice use for it. I like that idea.
i like the idea of placing a signal jammer next to the AI and basically just shutting off it's radio communications AND sight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2jGy76v0Y
Signal blocker blocking AI cameras seems like a big nerf, the AI could easily tell where a traitor is if they have the signal blocker is on. Just go "signal jammer in science" and 8 valid hunters would chase there.
(05-16-2021, 11:32 AM)Ikea Wrote: Signal blocker blocking AI cameras seems like a big nerf, the AI could easily tell where a traitor is if they have the signal blocker is on. Just go "signal jammer in science" and 8 valid hunters would chase there.

Well the point of the signal jammer is that they can’t scream for help on the radio while your stunning them and beating to death, if the AI saw this, he would tell “sec to science”, but if there was a signal jammer there, an AI player might just ignore it, assuming it’s just some weird camera issue, but even if they did know it was a signal jammer, they wouldn’t be able to tell for sure your identity if they can’t see you.
Let's not forget that cutting cameras, something people do to be an asshole sometimes, is also a possibility for the AI to consider if a signal jammer happened.
and with cutting cameras actually functioning properly now, it happens or is noticeable a lot more often. i play AI a lot and if i saw an area suddenly blocked off from my vision, my first assumption would be "cameras are down" not "oh, there's a signal jammer". hell, people sometimes cut cameras even when they're not doing anything suspicious.