Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[MERGED PR] Cloners no longer give people health implants
I know exactly whats going to become the new meta after this change, sitting at the cloner, and spamming all the clone buttons to see who can be cloned which could cause problems in its own right for people who have just gotten borged, or people who have succumbed to ghost around and forget to DNR, and likely other reasons.

Overwise I'm not sure about this, while I do like this when it comes to traitoring, I really dont want my body to become more forgotten when i have gone to all the work of getting clonescanned as while what i have said above may be true, most doctors wont do this.
I think if we simply lowered the costs/build time of health implants in medical manufacturers in conjunction with this, it would work out fine. Or perhaps in addition to that, let people smack the cloning pod with health implants to have them implant into the current or future cloned people.
i like the pre-emptive pod smack idea even if it had to be done for every single new cloned person and was a one-to-one of implants : cloned ppl. that seems like the best way to use the manufacturer implants and make them nontrivial to have in the fab, but also encourage the efficiency of implanting people in a somewhat routine way.
(05-08-2021, 09:04 PM)onetoughcreampuff Wrote: spamming all the clone buttons to see who can be cloned

TBH I already do this anytime I'm at the cloner if it's not currently processing someone

Getting a health implant could have a downside of some kind. Like making it so the AI, Sec, and traitors can track you even if you're not on camera or wearing a disguise.
(05-08-2021, 09:55 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I think if we simply lowered the costs/build time of health implants in medical manufacturers in conjunction with this, it would work out fine. Or perhaps in addition to that, let people smack the cloning pod with health implants to have them implant into the current or future cloned people.

I really like the idea of the cloner starting with like say 5 health implants and the need to load more of them into it as they start running out.

Or the cloner doesn't start off with any implants and you can load both the health and rotbusttec implants into it (maybe you could even load other implants into it?).
(05-09-2021, 01:13 AM)BLooDHoG Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 09:55 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I think if we simply lowered the costs/build time of health implants in medical manufacturers in conjunction with this, it would work out fine. Or perhaps in addition to that, let people smack the cloning pod with health implants to have them implant into the current or future cloned people.

I really like the idea of the cloner starting with like say 5 health implants and the need to load more of them into it as they start running out.

Or the cloner doesn't start off with any implants and you can load both the health and rotbusttec implants into it (maybe you could even load other implants into it?).

that would be so fun
poisoning the cloner pod is already fun, but being able to toss microbomb implants into the cloner? that would be priceless.
mindslave cloner but not obvious
Current proposal: Split current health implant into:
health implant: lets you see all 4 damage types separately, sends an alert when you crit and die, needs to be manufactured manually
cloner tracker implant: shows your health status on the cloning console, gets autoimplanted by a clonescan
Thoughts on that?
I think this is a good change. Having your death location called out to medical is very powerful, and should be limited. Not to keep people out of the round, but rather to make the job of antagonists a little bit easier. I do agree that the health implants should be cheaper to print, or at the very least take a couple of seconds instead of 40, so it's not a nightmare to procure materials all the time.
(05-09-2021, 11:23 AM)pali6 Wrote: Current proposal: Split current health implant into:
health implant: lets you see all 4 damage types separately, sends an alert when you crit and die, needs to be manufactured manually
cloner tracker implant: shows your health status on the cloning console, gets autoimplanted by a clonescan
Thoughts on that?

I like this very much! An attentive doctor can still check the Pc!
I like this idea.

Perhaps to help facilitate getting players who are too stuck in their own ways/will forget about this change out of force of habit, maybe have it so the geneticist starts with a (full) med implanter + a refill in their inventory?  Will also help inform newer players, too.
Good change, nothing more disheartening than setting up a successful mindslave cloner, and your first guy dying revealing the location of your mindslave cloner because a health alert tells everyone the location of the stored record.
I did the thing: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...42515a8c30
I see that there was some change about it before I managed to get there, but I don´t like the original change, because it made the cloners useless. Unless somebody randomly clicks on all scanned people in the list after every few minutes. And as I have experienced it before as Genetist, people usually want to go to get cloned fast and then won´t even bother with the DNA scan, so I doubt that they would bother with some implants. For me when playing as Genetist - on calm rounds it would probably be fine, but on rounds where people use more the services of Genetist and cloner, I would have to switch my time between researching DNA, scanning and cloning people and also waste more time with getting and using implants on them. And generally it just seems to me as more time annoying thing.
And while people can create an implanter and the health analyzer implant at the Medical manufacturer themselves, it takes resources from the Medical department. As I bet that medical doctors use the medical manufacturer.

What I like though as a compromise and I think that that´s where it´s going now, is to divide the implant into the two ones - one, which would be implanted automatically by cloner scanner and which would only show if the player is alive or dead and then the health analyser one, which would have to be implanted manually. Or even better - - maybe some sort of cloner scanner upgrade, which would make it implant the health analyzer implantation when upgraded?

And at the link above, I see that that´s now being implemented and I find that fine.

Also when thinking about it, I had a mixed feelings about the no more death messages being sent when one dies (if that´s going to be implemented too) . As on one thought, it would probably be better when it would instead stay in one of the two implants, but with some time delay. But on second thought, when a player dies, he can as ghost just roll the chairs at Medbay and thus let the players there know that somebody died and wants to be ressurected. So I don´t mind the death message change.
I like this update, only difference in playstyle i can imagine is that me or another doctor just has to keep some Health Implants ready in their backpack or near the cloner. In any case i aprove of a seperate cloning and health implant.

HOWEVER A QUESTION : Wich implant will give the Prodoc Heads-Up display the little cross (+) at the overhead heart/health display? I feel like, if it doesn't already, it'd have to be one or the other as if it's both it'll leave you guessing wich implant they have and havn't got.

EDIT: either that or give the cross (+) various colour indicators deppending on if they have one, the other, or both? Just spitballing.