Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[MERGED PR] Cloners no longer give people health implants
I see that there was some change about it before I managed to get there, but I don´t like the original change, because it made the cloners useless. Unless somebody randomly clicks on all scanned people in the list after every few minutes. And as I have experienced it before as Genetist, people usually want to go to get cloned fast and then won´t even bother with the DNA scan, so I doubt that they would bother with some implants. For me when playing as Genetist - on calm rounds it would probably be fine, but on rounds where people use more the services of Genetist and cloner, I would have to switch my time between researching DNA, scanning and cloning people and also waste more time with getting and using implants on them. And generally it just seems to me as more time annoying thing.
And while people can create an implanter and the health analyzer implant at the Medical manufacturer themselves, it takes resources from the Medical department. As I bet that medical doctors use the medical manufacturer.

What I like though as a compromise and I think that that´s where it´s going now, is to divide the implant into the two ones - one, which would be implanted automatically by cloner scanner and which would only show if the player is alive or dead and then the health analyser one, which would have to be implanted manually. Or even better - - maybe some sort of cloner scanner upgrade, which would make it implant the health analyzer implantation when upgraded?

And at the link above, I see that that´s now being implemented and I find that fine.

Also when thinking about it, I had a mixed feelings about the no more death messages being sent when one dies (if that´s going to be implemented too) . As on one thought, it would probably be better when it would instead stay in one of the two implants, but with some time delay. But on second thought, when a player dies, he can as ghost just roll the chairs at Medbay and thus let the players there know that somebody died and wants to be ressurected. So I don´t mind the death message change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MERGED PR] Cloners no longer give people health implants - by Reginald_CZ - 05-13-2021, 08:11 AM