Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving All Cyborg Modules Pen & Paper
Lightbulb 
I feel that while underrated, pen & paper a good tool to make notes with if there is nobody there to communicate special instructions to, and this seems to go for (basically) any given module;

-All modules: rickrolling people in-character or out-of-character <That's a joke, as fun as it is. Putting down notes to help serve for reminders for requests is also useful.

-Chemistry: Details on what a particular chemical is used for, or for dispensing paper as a chemistry ingredient(for ash, and things that require it).

-Civilian: Already has it; already useful in general.

-Brobocop: While currently paperless, leaving messages for the Security team in case they are extremely preoccupied with apprehending someone, or for noting down evidence.

-Mining: Leaving notes of particularly good asteroids for miners in case they were doing something urgent, since nobody likes to read the mining magnet's saved contents apparently. I'm not salty you're salty- kidding, kidding.

-Medical: Notes on a patient or apparent cause of death, or the cause of what you had to treat, or just 'doctor's instructions' for roleplay purposes.

-Engineering: Instructions for later engineers on operating an engine, or things that may need fixing that Cyborgs are incapable of doing.
This is such a tiny thing but honestly that'd be kinda dope - at least for RP. A dedicated Paperwork tool which can swap between various writing instruments (crayons, pens, markers, stamps) and adjust their colors would be fantastic, as well as being able to grip pieces of paper. Sorta like an omnitool, but for RP nerds.
I think we could maybe do a tiny bit of reskinning and make it a printer that makes printer sounds when you write stuff and uses a monospace font to write?
Finally, a way to communicate with deaf people without having to remind them they (probably) have a PDA.
(05-08-2021, 10:41 AM)pali6 Wrote: I think we could maybe do a tiny bit of reskinning and make it a printer that makes printer sounds when you write stuff and uses a monospace font to write?

This. An internal word processor.
Make cyborgs count as networked printers, let people use WizWrite to print to them.
while we're making borgs networked devices, please have built-in ThinkDOS console with FROG as a guaranteed install into AIs, thank u
u ask for so little, aft

this is a fun idea, i like the printer thingy mabob pali said
PR'd here: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/4646