Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clown Car Buff
A'ight, I understand that the initial reaction of a lot of folks will be "hell no"... but hear me out.

The last few times I've dealt with a clown car it's been a constant series of ejections even without crashing.  Like seriously, every thirty seconds.  And I have legitimately not seen anyone die from a clown car in over a year...  this is not a c-saber rampage situation.  Even when it was working better clowns did not simply drive into death ala some other places.

As it stands taking the clown car, for nearly half your TCs results in five minutes of vaguely disappointing kidnapping before you crash into a long stun from one tile away and someone crushers the car.  At the very least it seems like if one person interacts with it, perhaps even from inside it(bug?) everyone gets ejected instantly.

I can't think of any other signature class traitor item that is 100% counterable by a random assistant walking up to it.  Can we please buff the clown car so it's balanced enough that people can rescue folks without it being, as I see it, a waste of my TCs?

Either lower the cost from FIVE tcs to like three or make it require taking some actual damage?
It's bugged atm.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/issues/4562
(05-08-2021, 06:59 AM)Katzen Wrote: It's bugged atm.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/issues/4562

Then I retract my complaint.
Buff the clown car by making it so when it runs into a crusher everyone inside it is gibbed + the car is destroyed instead of the car getting destroyed and they all escaping
RAISE the TC cost and instead of knocking people over, clown car bumping into people pulls them in.
(05-08-2021, 01:00 PM)edward Wrote: RAISE the TC cost and instead of knocking people over, clown car bumping into people pulls them in.

That would just be a copy of TGs clown car (Which is mostly funny for most players, and most people dont care about dying/they instantly drop and roll/bolt SM for it to be too powerful, ive only trapped a minimum of 10 people i think in a clown car round on TG), Maybe put some goon magic dust on the idea, IE You can knock into people to make them loose their ass and then they get stunned after a couple of seconds, then you collect them while being inside. I dunno, just a quick idea.
You can't collect anyone from being inside as far as I can tell. TO collect someone as clown you have to hop out, grab someone, stuff them in, then get back in.
You can collect while inside, click-drag their sprite while they're knocked down.  There might be a brief delay after knocking them down before it really recognizes them as knocked down though.
(05-09-2021, 02:56 AM)Mouse Wrote: You can collect while inside, click-drag their sprite while they're knocked down.  There might be a brief delay after knocking them down before it really recognizes them as knocked down though.

Huh... I was trying it and it did not seem to work then.  I think you're right about the delay after knocking them down.  It makes it pretty hard to do but it does work.  Apologies on being 100% wrong.