Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My Reasons to appeal/rework the Gas mask nerf
Recently, as in just today, there was a change added that lowered the cold protection of the gas mask and all reskins of it to the point where it no longer provides 100% cold resist when paired with any vacuum suit.

Firstly, it restricts a lot of what you can wear in terms of cosmetics and still be able to quickly suit up for depressurized environments. As the head slot now *has* to be used up by a helmet, people can't express themselves with hats and also not die in space. Even further still, now hair must be covered in order not to freeze, which further reduces expression. When the station is decompressed, everyone looks the same.

Second, it reduces the robust ceiling of gameplay. Traitors can no longer wear protective helmets and still remain comfortable as they vent the halls, and security have to carry an extra item if they want to chase someone into space. Less people will be able to survive on the station, since there will be no alternatives to a helmet should they all be taken, or acid spit used against them. By forcing players to use up a mask and hat slot for space, options decrease in what they can do.

Lastly, if not to be an alternative to wearing an unexpressive and poorly-protective spacesuit helmet, what is the point of having gas masks in the game? They barely filter out toxins from tiles, are harder to come by than breath masks, and fill the role of hiding one's face, as a plethora of space helmets already do that.

If the change is absolute, which would make me seriously rethink playing on goon, I think there should be *some* common alternative to only having space helmets to complete a set, whether it be a special mask you can wear, or any other type of item.

Messages In This Thread
My Reasons to appeal/rework the Gas mask nerf - by NightmarechaMillian - 05-07-2021, 05:31 PM