Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I think it's time to retire revolution
(05-07-2021, 05:25 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think rev could use some more guidelines or structure for what you need to do. the only comparable game mode is nuke ops which has a group of antags.

"convert people and kill the heads lol" is insanely vague and doesn't give much idea in terms of how and what you should do to accomplish this. compared to nuke ops which clearly communicates how and what you're supposed to do.

You know, some people have said they miss the old nuke dynamic of having to steal the disk.

Maybe make it a target for Rev Heads? Like, they need the disk to arm a bomb to use a deterrent from NT simply bombing blasting the upstarts away?
(05-07-2021, 11:27 PM)Eagletanker Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 08:06 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 07:14 PM)Eagletanker Wrote: If a head or head rev leaves a station area they are now out

I don't think that would be a good idea since that would mean if a station head leaves to lets say, go on an adventure before things get heated and return to the station, they would be out even if they are there to help fight off the rev.

This is how it works right now with Z Levels, I’m saying heads and Head Revs cannot go outside the station at all. You have to be a in a area that’s area/station, and if not you are now out of the round

Taking a pod from podbay to cargo podbay shouldn't remove you from the round.
i like revs, it encourages people to take sides, the conversion mechanics are cool and enable a wider swath of the station to get involved in fights.

It would be great if revs/headrevs had a channel they could communicate on, maybe with a mechanic where de-revved revs get a message upon conversion like "you don't remember who the headrevs/revs were" to prevent "deconvert a rev and force them to reveal the headrevs"

maybe to speed things along there could be announcements made at later times (30, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60)in the round with the heads and headrev's locations(name and x/y coords) to encourage play that isn't "hide somewhere" - it could be handwaved as a "End the uprising protocol that uses the ai tracking to determine locations" if you wanted an in-universe reason for it

the "station gets flooded with radiation" random event should probably be disabled on revs too - since it encourages people to stay in one place it really slows down the round

maybe some of the more "encourage fights" items should be buffed - the rev-sign doesn't see much play ever despite being good, maybe if it was stronger you'd encounter more revs picking it and getting into large scale fights, especially if they had a channel to coordinate it on?
(05-08-2021, 01:29 PM)coolvape Wrote: It would be great if revs/headrevs had a channel they could communicate on, maybe with a mechanic where de-revved revs get a message upon conversion like "you don't remember who the headrevs/revs were" to prevent "deconvert a rev and force them to reveal the headrevs"

If you are a Head Revolutionary just do it like any old traitor,...

> Wear a mask.
> Remove your worn ID.
> Don't speak.
> Convert people.
the reason i put the "they dont know who you are" message idea is to go with the "channel to communicate on", so people can still use that to communicate and plan without having that immediately ruined by people getting de-revved
i wouldnt mind if you removed converting by flashing and loyalty implants. The only way to convert and deconvert is via beating. You'd have to make all 3 revheads start in the same department, though, because half of us cant win a 1v1. Maybe also give revheads the gang status boost so they have a better time converting people, and it will be harder for sec to snipe revheads in the future. This also sets the current winning mentality for revs, beat everyone who isnt a rev. It would be cool as sec to hear, REV MOB FORMING IN SCI! and getting there to see all of science beating eachother and you dont know whose who untill you see someone get converted. or, maybe loyalty implants just show rev status so that sec has a way of finding revheads.

to add on to this, powergamers wont be immune to converting by just having sunglasses or a welding mask. However, if you can handle yourself with a mob chasing you, you can survive. It adds a new mob survival tactic
(05-08-2021, 03:54 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 05:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Remember how we used to disable TTVs during gang rounds? Do that for rev rounds (and bring it back for gang rounds)

The problem there is the potential for metagaming.

Simply force the ttv to dud upon activating and have it work normally outside of the station. You aren’t going to blow up the station in order to find out a certain round type.
(05-09-2021, 09:57 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 03:54 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 05:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Remember how we used to disable TTVs during gang rounds? Do that for rev rounds (and bring it back for gang rounds)

The problem there is the potential for metagaming.

Simply force the ttv to dud upon activating and have it work normally outside of the station. You aren’t going to blow up the station in order to find out a certain round type.

Personally, I think disabling explosives per game type is not a great idea. Not even from a potential metagaming perspective, it just seems incredibly antithetical to concept of a sandbox game like this. A real no items, fox only, final destination kinda mentality.
(05-07-2021, 11:27 PM)Eagletanker Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 08:06 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 07:14 PM)Eagletanker Wrote: If a head or head rev leaves a station area they are now out

I don't think that would be a good idea since that would mean if a station head leaves to lets say, go on an adventure before things get heated and return to the station, they would be out even if they are there to help fight off the rev.

This is how it works right now with Z Levels, I’m saying heads and Head Revs cannot go outside the station at all. You have to be a in a area that’s area/station, and if not you are now out of the round
Seems like itd fuck over sec or command who go off station before they know its a rev round for one reason or another, which seems bad.