Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I think it's time to retire revolution
After an absolutely agonizing hour long rev round filled with TTVs that only ended due to direct admin intervention (teleporting the heads and headrevs into the same room and spawning katanas), I've finally come around to the side that feels that the handful of decent rev rounds simply don't make up for boringness of the vast majority, which tend to even in about 10 minutes or last until the gibwave. (assuming that one even happens because at this point I'm almost certain that the timer for it isn't lag adjusted)

Someone in deadchat said that rev rounds are now basically Ass Day, and honestly?  I feel that.  They're bad, and they're steadily getting worse.  Maybe there are ways to fix it, but right now, to me, it seems like fewer people like revolution than fucking gang, and that's really not a good place for a game mode to be.
Are you truly relying on dead chat salt to gauge how much people like a game mode?
(05-07-2021, 05:15 PM)DimWhat Wrote: Are you truly relying on dead chat salt to gauge how much people like a game mode?

OOC and ingame chat mostly.  I haven't heard anything positive said about revolution in ages.
i think rev could use some more guidelines or structure for what you need to do. the only comparable game mode is nuke ops which has a group of antags.

"convert people and kill the heads lol" is insanely vague and doesn't give much idea in terms of how and what you should do to accomplish this. compared to nuke ops which clearly communicates how and what you're supposed to do.

i think it'd be more interesting if there was an endgame/goal beyond just killing the heads. maybe it could be some kind of cold war thing. maybe the station is going to selfdestruct and it needs either the 3 rev heads to defuse it (rev victory) or command to defuse it (command victory). obviously revs want to defuse it but don't want to let command to do it (because it would be bad pr for the revs), and the inverse for command.

this actually gave me an idea for a game mode that i'm going to post in a new thread and elaborate on
revs is an exciting gamemode, that much like nukies, incorporates teamwork and ensure that everybody is guaranteed some form of action. Rather than retiring it, however, I absolutely think it needs some reworking to be done, especially considering that headrevs and heads can respawn as ghostdrones and indefinitely stall the round.
Remember how we used to disable TTVs during gang rounds? Do that for rev rounds (and bring it back for gang rounds)
(05-07-2021, 05:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Remember how we used to disable TTVs during gang rounds? Do that for rev rounds (and bring it back for gang rounds)

I only did that for literally 1 round. But maybe I should do it again...
revs needs changes yea. manhunt was never really a good idea for an openworld spacegame. 30% of revs rounds last a lot longer then they should do to it turning into manhunt. Thats only part of the problem though. In a round where basically anyone can be an antag, lots of people willingly give themselfs up to revs. Its not that common, but it definetly happens. Then theres the biggest issue of revs winning like 10% of the time. Theyre stupid underpowered.
If a head or head rev leaves a station area they are now out
(05-07-2021, 07:14 PM)Eagletanker Wrote: If a head or head rev leaves a station area they are now out

I don't think that would be a good idea since that would mean if a station head leaves to lets say, go on an adventure before things get heated and return to the station, they would be out even if they are there to help fight off the rev.
I love revs but would love harder caps on the "bounds" for the station zones to prevent people from hiding in an asteroid in the corner by the listening post or something; also fixing the ghost critter spawn stuff, but that's related to a bunch of other buggy things too.
(05-07-2021, 08:06 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 07:14 PM)Eagletanker Wrote: If a head or head rev leaves a station area they are now out

I don't think that would be a good idea since that would mean if a station head leaves to lets say, go on an adventure before things get heated and return to the station, they would be out even if they are there to help fight off the rev.

This is how it works right now with Z Levels, I’m saying heads and Head Revs cannot go outside the station at all. You have to be a in a area that’s area/station, and if not you are now out of the round
I forget who suggested it, but someone on discord a handful of days ago  mentioned that rather than just being spooky messages, the initial “hey fucker speed it up” messages could act as minor gibwaves to prevent locker hiding and podding around.

Maybe the first one (30-odd minutes in) could just zap any heads/revs in pods, and around 40 minutes any revs/heads in lockers or chutes could get gibbed.

Idk, I don’t want to see revs retired since I really enjoy the silly no-holds-barred, grab-something-heavy-and-bonk-heads combat it creates. Would love more incentive to have rounds be 20 minutes of goofy violence as opposed to a 60 minute guerilla war/where’s Waldo mashup.
How about giving head revs their own radio channel like nukies and gangs?
(05-07-2021, 05:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Remember how we used to disable TTVs during gang rounds? Do that for rev rounds (and bring it back for gang rounds)

The problem there is the potential for metagaming.