Mentor Application: Derek Love
Usual Character Name: Derek Love, Amusing Duck
BYOND Username: That Happy Cat
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Times Available: Afternoon/Evening GMT+10

Reason for Application + Game Experience:

What can I say? I like helping people. I like showing new players the ropes, giving hints on chemistry recipes, helping new scientists/engineers understand telescience/the engine, etc. I tend to play during low pop times (on LLJK#2) when quite often there won't be any mentors online, so I feel I could help out a bit.

I'm not an old hand like most people here: I've only been playing for maybe a year and a half: but I'm the type of person who enjoys spending rounds experimenting and figuring things out, so I do have a decent understanding of various aspects of the game. Generally I play as a scientist, but I'm also known to play most jobs except for the civilian ones (I don't think I've ever played Chef, for example).

In general I'm pretty nice about things, although I can become rather indignant if I feel I've been wronged (which in this game is pretty much all the time); which can result in me hunting down whoever wronged me and doing fun stuff to them short of taking their life (unless I'm a traitor of course). Since I'm usually working on some project or another I tend to keep to myself in-game, but if someone has a question or wants an explanation about something I'm usually happy to help.

As a traitor I almost never go on rampages or kill people directly: either I'd be a boring traitor and only use my traitorous equipment for my own ends, or I'll try to do something creative. I tend to be "nice" in other antagonist roles as well, such as keeping my victims alive as a Changeling/Vampire, silently infiltrate the station as an Operative, and being a Wizard who collects butts (ARSE NATH!).

So yes. In conclusion, I'm a usually nice person who's reasonably knowledgeable about the game and likes to help people, and I tend to play during times when there aren't any mentors available.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):

I've only seen the first two movies and the Hallowe'en special. They're all funny, but Shrek 2 was probably the best.

Previous Bans: None.
I have never heard of you, BUT do to your application i will give you an extremely hesitant yes.
He's mainly on #2 and quite a friendly and helpful chap. I think he'd be a good mentor.
Yes.
Yes!
Oh hey, I can give my 2 cents again! I've never had any issues with Derek and he seems to know what he is doing, he would probably do very well as a mentor.
Huge nerd + not unfriendly. Yes.
Derek Love is cool and nice, he would be a good mentor.
Anyone who sets off a Zeta nuke on the main station gets my yes.
One of those huge computer nerds and knows other stuff. A definite yes.