Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
remove beeswax from the cloning pod materials requirements
Also i dont think how to get beeswax is really mentioned anywhere on the wiki
(05-05-2021, 03:00 PM)pali6 Wrote: Ok. Proposal: Change honey's material from beeswax to honey. Make cloners use honey instead of beeswax (i.e. nothing really changes but it's clearer where to get the material). Add beeswax production elsewhere in the future.
I think the thematic rationale was fascinating but it does feel fairly interchangable. I like it. 

(05-05-2021, 04:05 PM)Rilor Wrote: Also i dont think how to get beeswax is really mentioned anywhere on the wiki

https://wiki.ss13.co/Ore_Processing
I wouldn't have found it without looking specifically for beeswax. Also wouldn't normally think honey -> beeswax.
(05-05-2021, 03:00 PM)pali6 Wrote: Ok. Proposal: Change honey's material from beeswax to honey. Make cloners use honey instead of beeswax (i.e. nothing really changes but it's clearer where to get the material). Add beeswax production elsewhere in the future.

I think that would be a great change. I have only seen the issue with needing a new clone pod but unable to get honey once. It was during an event round on RP where the station moved to the space diner. Unfortunately, the replacement clone pod was destroyed somehow. The issue wasn't that beeswax was too much work, it's that no one on the rather well-staffed station knew how to make beeswax including a good number of mentors. It took about an hour before someone figured it out through code-diving. So from my anecdotal experience, this change addresses the core issue.
I did the thing.