PinkPuffball81/Franziska Jackson mentor app. #4
-1 from me.

One of the most important qualities in being a mentor is discretion. Full view of Mentorhelps means that you have a lot of access to information about what is going on in the round, and that will impact how you play and what decisions you make in the round. Just earlier today, you edited the Human page on the SS13 wiki to include what amounted to a rule change, with full knowledge that this was something that the admin team was still debating, resulting in the edit having to be reverted by the admin/dev team. The fact that you took this action shows an incredible lack of discretion.

On a personal level, I still do not appreciate the fact that you name-dropped me and mentioned Fleur's accent in your last mentor application. I had not played or spoken with you in months, and you never asked for my recommendation. It made me uncomfortable and I felt like I was being used. And I am still uncomfortable about some of the "jokes" that you made (and have since deleted) when you frequented the Goonstation discord.

Lastly, please keep in mind that being a mentor is not a "rank" that every player should try to achieve. It is an optional helper role that states that you are willing to go out of your way to teach with kindness, exercise discretion, and be an example to new players about what kind of standard is expected for the Goonstation community.

I do not recommend you for Mentor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PinkPuffball81/Franziska Jackson mentor app. #4 - by jan.antilles - 05-05-2021, 11:38 AM