Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Makes the armory auth cancelable by the HoS
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT WANTED] [WIKI]

About the PR
Makes the HoS able to unauth the armory, it has a cooldown to prevent spamming auth messages, 5 minutes, might be too much, unsure, one thing I wish I had done but I couldn't wrap my head around it was making unauthing it send a pda message to the sec mail group, I am also unsure if the sounds I used are good, they were the best things I could think of, I am taking suggestions.

Why's this needed?
It is a pretty common request from HoS players as there is currently no way of closing the armory after it has been authorized.
Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Arthur Holiday
(*)The HoS can now unauthorize the armory.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Please. I've seen sec officers auth and break into armory for pod phasers multiple times or just because "I want gun"
yes please
finally
Yeah probably a pretty good idea.
I might not play any more, but this is a long needed PR. Too many cases of Armory getting authed 5-10 minutes in or some shit HoP/Captain convincing two other seccies to auth and annoying the hell out of the HoS and rest of security.
Good PR. Excellent PR. AMAZING PR.
(05-03-2021, 04:31 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote: Please. I've seen sec officers auth and break into armory for pod phasers multiple times or just because "I want gun"

hos gib me shotgun  sad greater domestic space-bee
Yes. The amount of times I've seen it authed w/o reason is silly and this should hopefully help.
Maybe add a way for the HoS to see what assholes authorized it so they know who to yell at.
(05-04-2021, 03:13 PM)Mouse Wrote: Maybe add a way for the HoS to see what assholes authorized it so they know who to yell at.

Even though it doesn't happen on RP, I can already tell this PR is badly needed.
(05-04-2021, 03:13 PM)Mouse Wrote: Maybe add a way for the HoS to see what assholes authorized it so they know who to yell at.

that would be really nice, maybe with an additional notification over the security pda channel each time an authorization is added or revoked?
I mean you could also just use a finger print scanner to tell who touched the button
Using the armory computer doesn't add your fingerprints to it wich is silly, I have pushed a commit to my PR making it so it does add them hopefuly that is enough to identify the sec officers. thanks for reminding me smile
Ah really? Yeah that's also a good idea.