Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[MERGED PR] feature: apply sonic stun from flashbang to deaf mobs
Some experimentation I've been doing:

I have been running a deaf secoff for a few days on main 1. I carry the sec headset in my pocket, thus I can pretty easily communication with other sec members with some extra work. Generally when things are nuts nobody is communicating anyway. Stopping to type is not done. It's almost nice, helps to focus? A place of zen.

Being deaf means I can run in holding two flashbangs, they go off in my hands. I am completely unphased and everyone around me gets the baton. This feels really broken.

In practice, vampires never seem to use screech. It's happened once, but continuing to stand after the rest of the secoffs fell was nice. All the other secoffs were taken out. Not a great scenario for them, but I survived? Definitely a plus. Even better, when I ran off I wasn't deaf when I popped in the auditory headset, so I could right away communicate what was going on.

Shambler shout is really only used on the shuttle, when things are nuts anyway. Not an improvement there, but not being able to clearly communicate at that time isn't a big issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] feature: apply sonic stun from flashbang to deaf mobs - by edward - 05-04-2021, 09:09 AM