hill to a hide-and-seek kind of game, which does not seem to
be the intention of this game mode

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)edwardly
(*)Removes the ability to unanchor the nuclear bomb once it's been anchored

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Potentially just block an armed nuke from going in pods?

Seems like it would solve most of the issue.
I really don't like it, removing the nuke is a high risk high reward thing, sending we nuke off the Z-level physically or through telescience is satisfying like a great heist.
It does change the game but I don't think it's worse, it's just another option
I think the gamemode plays better when the crew and the nukies are concentrated around the nuke area, rather than have someone run off with the nuke (whether this is a crew member or a nukie).
Never had a round where the nukeĀ getting unscrewed resulted in a better round, it is usually a cyborg dragging it at lightning speeds off of the z level or the nukies teleporting it to the syndie outpost for an easy and cheesy win. Winning without fighting isn't fun and being able to unscrew the nuke incentivises that
Yeah this is a good idea. Nukeops works best as a point defense gamemode and being able to run off with the nuke goes against that
Yeah a currently very cheesy strategy involves "rogue the ai, have a silicon unscrew the nuke" - no need to even move the nuke after that, just being able to unscrew it and cut the timer in half is already absurdly powerful for nukies, made even stronger if they grab the nuke disk(admittedly, coordinating both those things is more difficult but it knocks the nuke timer down so much that the actual defense becomes very easy afterwards)
Make an unachored nuke flash lights and play a loud sound like how noise artifacts do
honestly don't think this is a nerf to the nukies, but a buff. their strength is point defense. see engineer and such
Yeah as ZeWaka said it seems like this is a nerf towards crew borgs from zipping into the fight and unscrewing the nuke and then zooming out into a pod with the nuke to bring it outside the Zlevel.
Personally I hate when that happens so I'm for this PR
(05-04-2021, 08:21 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Yeah as ZeWaka said it seems like this is a nerf towards crew borgs from zipping into the fight and unscrewing the nuke and then zooming out into a pod with the nuke to bring it outside the Zlevel.
Personally I hate when that happens so I'm for this PR

Yeah. Too many crew victories in nukeops rounds are cause a forceshielded lightborg ran in, unscrewed the nuke while invincible, then flew off the zlevel.

(remove borg forceshields 2day)