Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add the same minimum round requirement security has to nukeops
(05-05-2021, 06:35 PM)Azrun Wrote: I'm all for people learning through failure as I agree you learn infinitely more that way.  But rounds ending really super early with limited to no awareness that it is a nukie round (or blob for that matter) feels disappointing.  There is just enough time to get setup in your department, start talking to someone, and..... You Win!  Argh!

With the boost to nukie count though, I agree that factoring in experience would be interesting to have new and experienced players put on the team. Mostly something attempt to limit how green the team is.

learning through failure is good, in a situation/environment where you can consistently re-try but unfortunately this isn't that type of environment, especially when things can go to hell in a handbasket in less than 5 minutes and you never know when you'll have another shot
(05-05-2021, 06:35 PM)Azrun Wrote: With the boost to nukie count though, I agree that factoring in experience would be interesting to have new and experienced players put on the team. Mostly something attempt to limit how green the team is.

Wouldn't this necessarily lead to higher antag rates for older players?
Of course! Just depends on how the weighting is performed as to how favorable it ends up being. I was imagining something that would shift the weight to limit how many, say sec limited, "green" players can be on the squad. As others mentioned the weight could also adjust if there are enough experienced players to carry the team to allow for less experience players.

Round limits and all these things are be arbitrary without a whitelist. It doesn't determine how much of a challenge they will be as that becomes a difficult problem to solve. How robust? How comfortable are they with that class? Can they communicate? Do they jive with other squad members? Are they in the zone?
what if nukeops had special nukie VR headsets on the table and could spend like 10-15 minutes just practicing killing each other and seeing how various kits work before they choose their kits and roll out? it'd make nukeops rounds that much longer, sure, but an infiltrator could go in during that time and do their thing if they wanted, and new nukies could get an idea of how the weapons work(even if nothing matches a real combat environment, having a second to go "okay, so this is how the sniper works"/"this is how big grenade launcher explosions are" etc would be convenient. maybe even a special VR sec gear vendor so some of the experienced nukies can dress up as secoffs to play-fight against them?
Regular arcade VR -has- nuke ops equipment. They should just be playing around with it on rounds they're not nukies instead.

Honestly if you make VR that elaborate they won't go on station until like 30 minutes in.
(05-06-2021, 01:37 PM)Cal Wrote: Regular arcade VR -has- nuke ops equipment. They should just be playing around with it on rounds they're not nukies instead.

Honestly if you make VR that elaborate they won't go on station until like 3 minutes in.

Oughta have like, a VR training course that unlocks these things instead of time locks. Go to VR during any round, run the nukie/traitor/blob/etc course, successfully complete it, and have the role unlocked for you.
Uhhhh... That is genius. Baseline familiarity would go a long way with a number of antagonists.
The idea of a training course is really great. Good way to push up tiers too (eg. Giving Nuke cap more of a proper role) by adding later courses.