Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RP nukies
Ironically, one of the best antag RP opportunities is missing on the RP servers. An organized team with a goal of station destruction can lend itself to a interesting game. By no means am I saying to enable regular nukies, but instead implement something similar. As an example, you can give all the operatives uplinks and go from there. Actual RP nukies would suck, but if they worked like organized operatives wanting to destroy the station, could be very cool.
I 100% understand and agree.

Nuclear operatives for RP has the potential for interesting things.

Unfortunately, people sometimes just silently murder when they're regular ass antags. Nukies would just end up being the same problem that wizards were removed for.

Better for an admin to get people they can trust to not murdalize on sight.
(05-01-2021, 04:35 PM)Technature Wrote: I 100% understand and agree.

Nuclear operatives for RP has the potential for interesting things.

Unfortunately, people sometimes just silently murder when they're regular ass antags.  Nukies would just end up being the same problem that wizards were removed for.

Better for an admin to get people they can trust to not murdalize on sight.

Good point. I do think that it could be balanced by having nerfed RP nukies. With glass bones and paper skin, their only strength would be numbers. Incentivize team play, make 'em RP even
I've always wanted nukies on RP, it'd open so many interesting possibilities. I'm totally down for this, especially if they're nerfed. the rounds would last longer, and not as much murderboning, hopefully!
How about, instead of "destroy the station" we do "capture it and steal NT's secrets" and then sec has to try to stop them or the captain has to negotiate with them, they also definitely shouldn't get the same equipment nuke ops on main get.
Take it a step further.  Instead of just a single solitary, unchanging objective, have a list of 'suggestion' objectives but give them free reign to make up their' own.  Not unlike how antags are currently implemented on RP as they are.

But do remove the actual nuke itself entirely, it'll just imply that murderboning is the real objective and we dont want that if we go down this route.
so conspiritor but with more gear and an implied singular backstory and hopefully more/same levels of teamwork?
(05-02-2021, 08:05 AM)Rilor Wrote: so conspiritor but with more gear and an implied singular backstory and hopefully more/same levels of teamwork?

Hopefully.