Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soda Can Assemblies
Beaker assemblies have been around awhile and are useful/probust. Why not give us the ability to engineer an empty/reagent filled soda can to be another type of container that you can attach igniter assembles to. Just a thought, you could even make them sneaky so they aren't red-texted/labelled as assemblies or something. They serve no other real purpose that I'm aware of at the moment besides just holding reagents, seems like a logical extension of that.

Just a thought.
I like this. Make it have a chance to blow up when you make it though like zipguns have a chance to blow up when you use them cause it's a jerry rigged soda can.
KikiMofo Wrote:I like this. Make it have a chance to blow up when you make it though like zipguns have a chance to blow up when you use them cause it's a jerry rigged soda can.

We should also be able to turn soda cans into makeshift joke bombs by shaking them and then throwing them.
Soda Can IED is already a tg thing.

Perhaps it could be expanded on as a crap tier beaker bomb.

The suggestion of possible accidental explosion during use could be a good way to do it, with no remote signaller.

Some of TG's makeshift weapons are pretty neat. My personal favorite assistant weapon being the spear, despite the fact that it's mostly just useful for getting security mad.
atomic1fire Wrote:Soda Can IED is already a tg thing.

Perhaps it could be expanded on as a crap tier beaker bomb.

The suggestion of possible accidental explosion during use could be a good way to do it, with no remote signaller.

Some of TG's makeshift weapons are pretty neat. My personal favorite assistant weapon being the spear, despite the fact that it's mostly just useful for getting security mad.
Staff assistants are just native space savages .
Make Space Mentos available in the snack vending machines.
I like the idea of discount dans making a rip off space mentos.

Put it in a soda can and run, hope it doesn't explode in your face.

Try to figure out ways to delay the reaction.

This seems more harmless then a soda can ied, and just seems way more fun.
Make menthos a chemical. Menthos candies available in candy vendors are literally just menthos tablets that dissolve into menthos when put into a beaker.
Menthos + Soda (or maybe just cola) = shitty foam reaction after ~3 seconds. Take a sup of the can prior, add some nasty chemical, add menthos = shitty somewhat dangerous, somewhat faulty foamy bomb.
Discount dans legally distinct standard mints.
Sundance Wrote:Make menthos a chemical. Menthos candies available in candy vendors are literally just menthos tablets that dissolve into menthos when put into a beaker.
Menthos + Soda (or maybe just cola) = shitty foam reaction after ~3 seconds. Take a sup of the can prior, add some nasty chemical, add menthos = shitty somewhat dangerous, somewhat faulty foamy bomb.
I like this interpretation, but a few things I'd like to suggest:

1. Rather than a standard time for the foam reaction, make it random with the times being 2-4 seconds.
2. Make the foam reaction random with the farthest distance from the base it reaches being 2-3 tiles.
My suggestion for the menthos standin.

Discount Dan's Chilly Bill Menthals
1 unit Krokodil
1 unit Styptic Powder
5 units mint reagent

Makes you feel (really) cool and calm.

I think the foam should shoot out in a straight line instead of a circle like normal foam. It should also have its length set by the amount of the cola reagent. So if you had an artifact beaker full of cola you could shoot a line of foam down a hallway. You should however limit the amount of other reagents it can carry with it since it is ez-foam.