Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Updated Fart Message
Change the "*Name* Farted! it may have been the Citizen Kane of farts!" message to "*name* farted! It may have been the Paddington 2 of farts!" in celebration of it (Paddington 2) dethroning Citizen Kane from being supposedly the best movie ever.
You made me have to look this up and looks like yeah, it's true. Citizen Kane is beaten by Paddington 2.
Citizen Kane is the better movie
(04-30-2021, 11:54 AM)Eagletanker Wrote: Citizen Kane is the better movie

People have different opinions, but c'mon, this is for the meme.
(04-30-2021, 11:54 AM)Eagletanker Wrote: Citizen Kane is the better movie

This is empirically no longer the case.
It still is the case? A quick search pulls up Citizen Kane as one of the greatest films of all time, with metacritic’s greatest movies of all time list having it in the 1st slot, and rotten tomatoes having it in the 3rd slot (Black panther is in 2nd and it happened one night in 1st, both of which are at below 100%) , while Wikipedia shows Kane as hitting number one in the Sight and Sound critics and directors polls. In the Independent article about Citizen Kane losing 1% of its score, it states its due to a 80 year old review being dug up and put on Rotten Tomatoes, which pushed it down on that one site (it is of note that the % system is highly vulnerable to being gamed, as with the film Lady Bird). It still is the highest rated film both by those who review movies for a living and those who are part of the more recognisable parts of filmmaking. So no, Citizen Kane is still the better film empirically.
idea

replace it with "*Name* Farted! It may have been the Bee Movie of farts!"
(04-30-2021, 10:23 PM)Maegor Wrote: idea

replace it with  "*Name* Farted! It may have been the Bee Movie of farts!"

unfortunately, the bee movie has only a 49% on rotten tomato. despite the cinematic relevance of the bee movie within history, it has been deemed by critics as mediocre, and society has declared that you should pay no mind to the bee movie. 

this is the same case with citizen kane, as society has no longer declared it the greatest movie, being overruled by the great cinematic masterpiece known as paddington 2. we must rectify this.

good suggestion
*sighs*

Basing stuff entirely off pop culture doesn’t end well ever and I cannot emphasise enough that Citizen Kane is still ranked repeatedly by professionals as the best movie ever.

Besides Laura, Maltese Falcon, and Casablanca all still have %100s so that’s again not a useful way of measuring best film of all time at all because all those are 100x better than Paddington 2. Hell, there’s Grave of the Fireflies on that and that certainly a much better film than Paddington 2.

Hell the whole reason it happened was cause someone dug up a 80 year old review and that’s certainty not Society. Which means the review came about in 1942 for some reason. So I guess that one person in the Chicago tribune is society?
I can't believe the complexity of this thread about fart messages.

I'm against changing it solely because it has been around forever, and there's value in having some old things stay the same.
Release the Shitty Bill cut.
No???