Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Asshole
So, I was watching Mining's training video again, ( All Ears ) and I got to thinking: People have been complaining that Mining needs another traitor item besides the mining charge hacker, why not give them a suped-up power hammer? Have it act like an RCD when swung at an inanimate object, be a slightly better robusting weapon than the normal stuff a miner has immediate access to, and make it need to be recharged. Maybe an increased, if not guaranteed, chance to stun on hit.

Boom, welcome back Space Asshole. Slowly hammering his way through the station and a sea of greyshirts, laughing maniacally the entire time. Gives miners a choice between large, indiscriminate destruction with hacked charges, or a more personal touch beating people, walls, and AI's to death with an ominously glowing hammer. Distinctly worse than a C-saber, or Police Baton because it needs to be recharged, but way better than an RCD or revolver since the only thing needed to replenish it's supply is a recharger. Plus, it paves the way for tense moments when they have to recharge the hammer, and leave themselves vulnerable for a minute.
Make it so you can buy two and an Agent ID so you can call yourself Thoren Hammersson while you rampage through the station while hopped up on donk pockets and you got a deal.

Also it should hurt like hell if thrown at someone.
While I like the idea of it being able to smash down walls/doors like Macho Man, normal power hammers are already incredibly gruesome weapons for how easily you can make them. With earmuffs, industrial armor, mechanized boots and a power hammer, you can easily wallop the shit out of a Shambling Abomination as long as it doesn't just spit acid on you.
Daeren Wrote:While I like the idea of it being able to smash down walls/doors like Macho Man, normal power hammers are already incredibly gruesome weapons for how easily you can make them. With earmuffs, industrial armor, mechanized boots and a power hammer, you can easily wallop the shit out of a Shambling Abomination as long as it doesn't just spit acid on you.
Well, for a while power hammers did literally no damage, which, considering that you can kill someone just fine with a regular hammer, was a bit silly.

Also since you can buy what is essentially an instant-kill weapon for 7 crystals(in that eswords stun and do shitloads of damage so if you are hit once then killing you is trivial), being able to buy a combination esword/instant RCD wouldn't be all that overpowered especially since it would still have the main problem with eswords in that if you are disarmed then you will probably die.
And, like I mentioned, it comes with the additional drawback of needing to be recharged. When not powered, it's basically completely identical to an unpowered hammer. It's only when it has some juice that it becomes The Shit.
But could you use it to mine?
Instead of making it an instant rcd, give it a super high throw force like the art box. When something with sufficient throw force is thrown, it acts like a meteor that destroys objects like doors and walls and deals a pretty good oomph+stun to people.

So a power hammer that acts like a meteor when thrown but with no other strength buffs in particular when wielded in hand
I'm pretty sure that once throwforce becomes high enough to smash through reinforced walls and stuff, it will instagib people. I remember the round where someone destroyed the crusher with a suped-up artbox, and it was instagibbing people left and right.
There's a middle ground.

The art box is a special case where it just keeps going up whenever you feed it, so normally once people start throwing it it quickly reached absurd heights.

Haven't you ever been hit by a meteor and lived? It'd be exactly like that
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Haven't you ever been hit by a meteor and lived? It'd be exactly like that

Honestly? No. But that's because I always run when the meteors come.