Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
More ideas for player races? Possibly?
Tongue 
Remember that one half-demon race someone came up with? I was thinking about that being cool if it was implemented, and i'd like to share and hear more ideas.

Catperson Race: (Yes, i thought of a catboy/catgirl race.) They take extra eye damage, have softer walking sounds, get high off of catnip, and chocolate causes toxin damage.

May update with more ideas? Do you have any ideas, though?
Catperson race exists and it’s cursed
(04-29-2021, 10:41 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: Catperson race exists and it’s cursed

Oh god. Are they more like Khajiits or humans with cat ears and tails?
The Cats from Cats the movie
(04-29-2021, 10:49 AM)TheRealFlapJackson Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 10:41 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: Catperson race exists and it’s cursed

Oh god. Are they more like Khajiits or humans with cat ears and tails?

More like the live action cat in the hat.
Anyways, that demon race that popped up in the past, i already have gimmicks thought up for them

-Resistant to fire damage (cause hell.)
-Farting on a bible doesn't kill you, it heals some damage and gives you the message "Hey, that felt good!"
-Unnatural skin colors, usually shades of purples and reds.
-Starts with a minor "fire breath" mutation.
-(more of a joke) any instance of the word "hell" when spoken, is changed to "heaven." E.G. "What the heaven was that?"
-Regains more hunger from eating raw meat
-Is extremely vulnerable to oxygen loss, holy water, and bible.
-Farting does a small amount of burn damage to you (don't ask)

It'd probably be a -3 or a -2 points-wise.
Yeah, we're totally going to add cat people. That's my next project actually. Hard to say how long it will take though, could be years.
Anyways, all jokes aside, i want more player races, and the demon one was a cool idea. I have a gimmick demon character in multiple other games named Luci Ferr.
Many Years
Mac Tonight.
part-bee person, big eyes, slight stripes, little fuzz, comically small wings, over pronunciates z's and b's, and can communicate with bees.
I’ve been working on rock people for a while now, they are mostly coded but not sprited. I could toss in a summary if anyone wants but it is much easier for me to talk about it on discord @yellow#6461.

I talked with Pali recently and while my goal was for them to be a starting trait race, Pali mentioned that some devs disagreed with it, perhaps they would need major changes which I’m fully prepared for.

Here’s the summary for rock people:

```Pros-
-Major fire resistance (less burn time and less damage)
-\**\Brute resistance
-Entirely new noises with ~4 variations for all voice related things
-\***\constructible limbs
-\***\constructible eyes
-\***\new hair styles (moss and gems)
-\***\different colors
-don’t decompose
-has chemy creatible blood
-has new Chems that have function along with healing parimkatu
-\***\bleed resistance
-cool lore
-recolored organs
-\***\lápiz lazuli brain and maybe a custom heart organ (need to read more Sumerian medical stuff)

Tbh it doesn’t seem like they have many pros to outweigh the cons rn

Cons:
-Puritan
-\*\slower movement
-\*\slower to be pulled
-\***\chems that are applied through touch don’t effect parimkatu except a certain few (the new healing Chems I mentioned earlier, injected Chems still work)
-\**\I may make crush type brute attacks do a little bit more damage if I can figure out how to code it

\*\= I’ve coded but I can’t figure out if it works or not
\**\= In code but may change
\***\= not in code but I plan to add these soon ```

```Silicate = -1 brute

*Sodium Silicate = -2 brute

*Silica Gel = -2 brute, -1 Burn

Concrete = no clue how concrete works rn but probably -brute

Latex sheets = -5 burn (dont remember origin)

Rubber sheets = -10 burn (tree type)

*Synthrubber sheets = -5 burn (got from using wire cutters/sharp tools on synth rubber blocks)

*= new and already created```

Some lore here too:

To summarize ig silicon based life is a theoretical form of life where instead of carbon based DNA, it uses an alternative, using silicon instead.

Their lore is that it’s a wizard based experiment where they went out and kidnapped people from all over the frontier (syndicate, NT, every faction) and transferred their consciousness into lápiz lazulis (Sumerian mythos, lápiz lazulis could hold consciousness/spirits/dieties within them)

Wizards then created the bodies with humans as a basis, using silicon and aluminum based blood (this is possible, silicon can bond to aluminum which then bonds to oxygen) and stone/silicon as a basis for their outer parts, and latex silicon as a basis for their innards.

Their name, Parimkatu ?? ?? comes from
Sand- Parim
Basalt- Ka
Tu- People

There is also a lot more lore related to ninhursag (key Sumerian mother goddess of the mountains/lady of the great mountain) but most wizards see stone people as Children of Ninhursag ?? ????? Dumunig ninhursag

Edit: I have no clue how to spoiler/collapse all that text along with it, If someone could let me know I’ll edit it
pigmen
goo person - has innate synchronized biomass with 0 failure chance, but is especially weak to burn and slightly weak to brute damage, as well as any electricity based stun. all limbs would essentially just be synthlimbs as well, since you're goo and can just shlop em back on. maybe even other limbs(ie cyberlimbs, werewolf arms, etc) and items can't be attached, after all what are you gonna do? staple them onto the goo?

seamonkey - literally just monkeys but they can talk normally as well as breath underwater, have little fins on their head, and you choose a color for your body