Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Monkey Trait?
I'd like if we could get a 'start as monkey' trait or spacebux purchase. Is that possible?
Possible: very easily.

Personally I'm opposed since monkey players aren't very conductive to player interaction due to language barrier and increasing their amount would be overall disruptive.
(04-26-2021, 12:30 PM)Gerhazo Wrote: Possible: very easily.

Personally I'm opposed since monkey players aren't very conductive to player interaction due to language barrier and increasing their amount would be overall disruptive.

Fair, i get that.
(04-26-2021, 12:30 PM)Gerhazo Wrote: Possible: very easily.

it could have a high point cost and also have one of those translators. or it could have a special translation implant.
A lot of monkey players USE to use monkey genetics as a way to power game. Dunno if thats still a problem but I can see why people wouldnt be down for this trait. The current cost for being a monkey is to get lucky and get the genetic power to make someone a monkey instead of having it immediately from round start.
sure, but not *every* monkey player will do that. making it like 3 points might do the trick since having something so costly might turn people off from it, unless they wanna load up on potentially debilitating flaws and weaknesses
Requiring negative traits wouldn't do much. And letting people start as monkeys and then giving them ways to talk to people basically negates most of their uniqueness.
Monkeys are, in my experience, dangerously robust and slippery in the hands of a competent player, which is why I honestly despise test subjects most of the time. They are able to:

Hop over tables without assistance
Mail themselves to places
Abuse a smaller sprite, making them harder to hit

These don't seem like a lot but it makes them SO hard to catch. I would prefer for people to *not* have the ability to start out as a monkey. Also, the language barrier mentioned before hits even harder on the RP servers, where communication is essential.
well, what about a different breed of monkey? ones that aren't bred for endurance and agility that would be suited towards rigorous laboratory work. these ones could be more bred for docility. make their sprite a bit wider and fatter so they're easier to hit, and require an action bar thing to maneuver through tables, rather than being able to just run through them as if they're not there
Switch all the monkey's for orangutans
(04-27-2021, 09:24 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: well, what about a different breed of monkey? ones that aren't bred for endurance and agility that would be suited towards rigorous laboratory work. these ones could be more bred for docility. make their sprite a bit wider and fatter so they're easier to hit, and require an action bar thing to maneuver through tables, rather than being able to just run through them as if they're not there

I'd sooner die than have to make another set of monkey sprites.