Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChemiCompiler upgrade!
This is less of one singular idea, but more of a general direction of how I think the ChemiCompiler should be improved. Right now, it's pretty much useless, and I almost never see scientists using it: most don't even know how. Why bother painstakingly learning ChemFuck when it's not really much better than manually doing everything. The only things that can't be done are isolating chemicals (if you have 2 good chems that need to be separated, so you don't want to trash one of them) and heating chems beyond 1000 degrees. 

I think one of the biggest problems is a lack of storage containers for beakers. When you're only able to manipulate 5 chems (assuming one beaker is the output) you can't do that much. Yes, you could include multiple chems in one beaker, but that's a bit painful to do, and it means that you can't hold as much of each chem.

My proposed solution is to add some sort of attachment or build-able addon to increase this. My vision is some sort of funnel type thing where you can add a whole lot of beakers, and then a new command is added to ChemFuck. That command would allow you to replace whichever beaker is currently in the source beaker slot (sx) with the beaker that corresponds in the funnel in the (tx) slot. This would allow you, if you were willing to put in the time and effort, make programs that can make complex and intricate chemicals with the ChemiCompiler easily. What do y'all think?
Just gonna leave this here https://112358sam.github.io/ChemiAssembler/ If you don't want to learn it this is pretty simple. I learned it then got linked this and regretted wasting my time.
Ah well, at least I learned spent several hours of my life learning something that's redundant. It was fun, no regrets, but thank you. I still think my idea is a good one.
(05-06-2021, 04:50 AM)AmazingDragons Wrote: Ah well, at least I learned spent several hours of my life learning something that's redundant. It was fun, no regrets, but thank you. I still think my idea is a good one.

Oh I don't disagree changing it would be nice I was just leaving it here for anyone who might want it. I also wasted my time learning chemfuck.