Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let cyborgs with help intent pass through people
one of the more annoying parts and quite honestly one of my longest standing issues of playing cyborg is that people just push you when you have help intent on

obviously this behavior can be retained by setting your intent to harm
why does it even do that? like why cant borgs pass through people?
Go in the opposite direction.

Make it so fat people are as massive as cyborgs and you can't walk through them.
(04-24-2021, 09:53 AM)Technature Wrote: Go in the opposite direction.

Make it so fat people are as massive as cyborgs and you can't walk through them.

We haven't had fat people since December 7th of last year
Really large people then?

I know those wide people are a thing.
I always felt like this was "lore-wise" because the cyborgs were too big or too rigid to be able to nimbly pass past a human that way like humans can with eachother.

And "gameplay-wise" I felt like it was a unique mechanic/playstyle effect for cyborgs that they had to be more mindful of the space they occupy and where they want to go. I guess a similar thing would be like how borgs are unable to lay down to let people pass over them. It's not like it's very important in and of itself, but both sorta contribute to making playing as a borg feel more distinct from humans.
Yeah what Kyle said.
Maybe full-light cyborgs only?
(04-25-2021, 01:13 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: I always felt like this was "lore-wise" because the cyborgs were too big or too rigid to be able to nimbly pass past a human that way like humans can with eachother.

And "gameplay-wise" I felt like it was a unique mechanic/playstyle effect for cyborgs that they had to be more mindful of the space they occupy and where they want to go. I guess a similar thing would be like how borgs are unable to lay down to let people pass over them. It's not like it's very important in and of itself, but both sorta contribute to making playing as a borg feel more distinct from humans.

well more often than not it's less my own fault and more just a general annoyance when i'm hauling some almost dead guy back to medbay, or helping security secure a criminal, and someone just barrels into you and at best you can press the opposite direction so you push them away. and that lore reason, in my eyes seems like baloney. people kitted up in big clunky suits of armor, space suits, fire suits, radiation suits, or whatever have you can pass through eachother without issue.

in general it's just one more thing that adds onto making playing cyborg annoying. following your laws is a non issue for me. i personally find that type of gameplay fun which is why i play cyborg, and why i think borg is distinct enough as it is. what you describe is not fun, it's not interesting, it's just a layer of annoyance.