Mentor Application: Victoria Steele
Usual Character Name:
Victoria Steele / Faffotron

BYOND Username:
Arkire

Recommended by (if applicable):
N/A

Times Available:
Most days 7am to 10pm (New Zealand time - GMT+12), give or take depending on insomnia.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
This wonderful Rube Goldberg machine of horrific crime and violence is - while filled with magic and wonder - terribly obtuse and confusing when you don't have the experience of its arcane mechanisms. I'd like to be in a better position to give new players a leg up when it comes to learning how to tackle this monstrosity.
For all the hilarity that can occur in this game, I think I get the most entertainment out of nudging players towards something they've been trying to figure out and watching their reaction when they finally make it click. Great stuff.

Regarding experience, I used to play this game a bit back in 2010 and eventually left for a while before returning this year a few months ago. I'm competent in all the Scientist branches, can mostly save people from horrific deaths in medical roles, and have a decent familiarity with all other departments. Although I am not the most robust of players in combat, I reckon I've got the experience to be able to field most any question a player may wish to mentorhelp. My predilection for obsessing over new discoveries means that I will quickly catch on to any new game mechanics, and as a mentor I'd redouble those efforts to ensure that new players aren't left out in the cold.
Most of my assistance as a non-mentor has been helping others learn to operate telescience and chemistry. I'm sure that this means I'm indirectly responsible for a large number of crimes against humanity, the station and all creation, this pleases me.

Additionally, a good chunk of my playtime tends to be late at night, which I believe is early morning in the US. There is frequently a lack of mentors on-station during those hours and it'd be nice to be able to contribute towards rectifying this.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
I think Shrek is swell, and the feeling is mutual.
[Image: anim_3cfadd45-f4a9-c054-0d94-f1e5a3693f2d.gif]

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
N/A, as far as I remember.
I support this application. Give 'em the purple text.
This guy knows his stuff, never had an issue with him. AOK from me.
I totally told you to put me in as a recommendation in your application!! That pretty much sums up my decision right there. You know your shit and figuring out stuff with you is always a laugh. Definite yes from me.
He's an excellent player, knowledgeable, and a great friend to boot. Thumbs up.
A great guy who knows how to mentor; I've caught him in the act many a time, and he's a super cool dude.

(also, what do you mean, not recommended by anyone?I so totally recommended you)
I'm sorry! I forgot to go back and fill in the 'recommended by' part!
I probably would have still forgotten somebody and they'd have gotten mad at me anyway frown
That amazing avatar change should convince anyone. All Ears
Yes
Yes please.
Yes.
GIVE ARKI THE DAMNED PURPLE TEXT!
arki is a Good Dude, he gets my vote
Arki for mentor 2013.

Yes from me.
Arkire is fantastic and definitely deserves it. Yes!