Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom Implant
On the syndicate items wiki page it states that the Freedom Implant protects against mindslave implants from spies and traitors.
Injecting yourself with this will get you out of handcuffs a limited number of times, usually one or two, on occasion three. This can be quite useful for the traitor, but it's nigh useless for Syndicate operatives because most people just kill them on sight. It also blocks mindslave implants from spies or other traitors.

Today, I discovered, much to my dismay that this is not the case and that implants go through as usual during a spy round.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if this is the intended behaviour, but Sundance recommended that I make a bug report, just in case.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Implant yourself with a freedom implant as a spy
2. Get implanted with a mindslave implant by another spy
I was going to say in deadchat, but I was too busy eating a glorious sandwich, that the bug may be due to the fact that you got implanted by a multi-use mindslave implanter, and not a average joe single use implanter.
This is probably a moot point though, seen as it was spy. v
The freedom implant used to protect you. It's a must-have item for spy masters.

That it isn't working is probably a bug.
Indeed,i also tested this not to much time ago and it still didnt protect me from the implant like it used to.
Freedom implants never blocked mindslaves. aardvarko
AngriestIBM Wrote:Freedom implants never blocked mindslaves. aardvarko

an admin told me they did back when spy mode was first being run, when everything was confused and people were getting contradictory messages about what they were supposed to do. some were complaining how stupid it was that a spymaster could be enslaved and an admin said freedom implants block mindslaves, as if it were common knowledge. that admin.... was u
Spy mode mindslaves are different + they never checked for freedom implants either. They checked to see if the implantee was a spy leader and used to be blocked if so.
AngriestIBM Wrote:Spy mode mindslaves are different + they never checked for freedom implants either. They checked to see if the implantee was a spy leader and used to be blocked if so.

okay that explains why i thought the freedom implant saved me,wasted points frown
AngriestIBM Wrote:Spy mode mindslaves are different + they never checked for freedom implants either. They checked to see if the implantee was a spy leader and used to be blocked if so.

It was blocking that one use mindslave back when cogs ran it as extended and it carried on as a ~myth~.