HoS Application
Usual character name: Rusty Bottom
BYOND username: BLooDHoG
Discord username : 
BLooDHoG
Recommended by : SimianC
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee

Reason for application:
I've meant to apply for Head of Security for a while now but never got to it. I've felt comfortable enough playing the role during Fridays as a mentor plenty of times and so here I am finally requesting for an opportunity to fill the role anytime.

Security experience:
Like I mentioned above I've already played as Head of Security plenty of times before during Fridays as a mentor. I've had my moments of glory and embarrassment like the one time I left security at round start and literally dropped my pants in front of a Head Revolutionary and lost my gun. Some of the fun things I like doing as Head of Security is of course arming the crew with the contents of the armory during a Blob outbreak or a Nuclear Operative incursion but also the smaller interactions like using the Head of Security announcement computer to warn any would be criminals that they will be forced to drink piss and giving a piece of my wardrobe to a loyal crew member for their good deeds.

Most of my time being part of security comes from playing Detective so I usually try and find any isolated finger or glove prints from crime scenes and relay them over the security channel ones I'm certain I have the prints most likely belonging to the culprit. Of course on Goon 1 it is quite unlikely your going to get that much use out of forensic evidence since most antagonist choose to be rather straightforward and "loud" most of the time but it is still very effective in catching those responsible of sabotaging the station itself. Playing Detective has also helped with learning to better manage your inventory space with all the ammo and forensic tools at your disposal among the other basic necessities (and cigarettes). 

Security Officer is usually the more important role on Goon 1 compared to Detective with gear more suited for straight approach to catch and detain those running loose fireballing and ripping the crew to shreds. I usually like wearing the siren helmet and even though the whistle doesn't really see any use I like to stitch it inside my chest for a "fart whistle" rather then ditch it.

I do really like playing as a bit more fashionable Security Officer or Head of Security rather then aiming for having the best possible gear. It also helps with being a more laid-back officer. Of course it is good to assess how aggressive and big of a threat the antagonists of a current round are judging by their role and behavior and acting accordingly.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    1. Close the doors leading to security after you. You don't want greyshirts running free in the office eating all the donuts and looting the flashbang box.
    2. You most likely aren't going to use most of your available gear during a round so don't overstock with things like flashbangs, riot launchers or multiple guns. It's good to have free space to be able to quickly stash any contraband into.
    3. Even when you get a death alert of a fellow officer that comes from space you can still feed the coordinates into a GPS to track down the body.
    4. Leave a note of a minor or major crime when setting someone to arrest. It is quick and can sometimes help other officers to catch up on why someone is on arrest if they can't get an answer through a radio.
    5. The key to a functioning security team is communication.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    One of my earliest ever Detective rounds while I was still rather new two traitor Roboticists had fortified robotics and were building an army of borgs in the back room by forcefully dragging and stuffing people in the Conversion Chamber. No one was stopping them so I assumed control and rallied the security team at our office and geared up with gas masks and Riot launcher to raid the robotics. I led few officers with me as we charged in with me filling the room with smoke and the officers chasing down the traitor Roboticists with batons. The other traitor managed to slip into the disposal chute with me and another officer barely managing to jump in after them. All three of us end up near the crusher where my fellow officer accidentally slips in and the traitor escapes.I barely miss the shuttle crawling back but bump into the Roboticist again in the hallway as were left behind. I manage to chase them down as the round comes to an end with me spouting about justice to the cuffed traitor.
    Another early Detective round from long ago I remember developing a rivalry with a postman that went on throughout most of the round culminating at Centcom where we exchanged these lines.
    Postman: "YOU WILL FACE MAIL PRISON!"
    Me: "STAND DOWN POSTMAN PAT OR I WILL DELIVER YOUR DEATH!"
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    In a full security team I usually pick my cases rather then always lump together with the main group handling what ever is posing the biggest threat to the station and crew at the moment if there already are multiple hands working on it (calls for backup or security/health alerts I do respond to ASAP of course).
    As a lone Officer although this does apply quite a lot to fuller teams too I tend to look past smaller misconducts during active threats or when in pursuit/alert of high priority threats. You don't want too much on your plate when playing security.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Detain for the weak,
    Exterminate for the mean,
    Clownshot for honking.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    The usual, playing as clown or monkey Head of Security with hopefully other officers joining in.I did deputize a Lime Slime ones as my guard with a Head of Security hat and a barrier.
  • Draw a picture!
[Image: HoS_Denton.png]
Head of Fartcurity says, "My farts are augmented"
You grunt and squeeze the whistle in your chest.
Head of Fartcurity breaks wind!

Previous bans:
None.
Rusty Bottom is a great Detective, channeling Inspector Gadget while embracing his inner alcoholic. He plays smart with forensics and communicates with his team well, but can also tussle with the best of em'. Security teams are better and more fun when BLooDHoG is onboard.

My only complaint is that this app is way past due. +1 from me
I agree with all of what Simian said and Rusty is one that's been around for quite some time! My only gripe is that I've seen you as an officer maybe two or three times, but you are more than capable of being a HoS with your experience. Always a great person to have on the team and I'm always happy to see Rusty in round no matter what the role because they're genuinely a fun and cool peep.

+1
Rusty is good secoff and good player
+1 for having a pic of me as HoS /s

Rusty is a good secoff, I've never had to baton them for engaging in police brutality and they're usually helpful as a sec
"The key to a functioning security team is communication." +1
Rusty Bottom is an excellent detective and secoff, I've noted them playing the role on fridays and I think they'd be a great addition to the HoS ranks.
+1 I enjoy seeing him on fridays and would love seeing him on the regular as a HoS. A wonderful mentor and a great officer.
yeah he's a goodie
I like Rusty Hes a good Sec officer +1 form me