Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CLOSED PR] Gives traitorous botanists acess to the syringe gun and poison bottles
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Botanists can now purchase the syringe gun and poison bottles from their syndicate uplink.

Why's this needed?
Most jobs that have easy acess to chemicals have the syringe gun in the buylist so why let botanists miss out on the fun?

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)unfunnyperson
(*)Botanists can purchase the syringe gun and poison bottles from their syndicate uplink.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
No.

Hydro can already capitalize on growing their own super poisons in decent isolation from the rest of the station and just have several 100u beakers and a pen ready to go or several boxes of curare glasses on hand, they DON'T need syringe guns and poison bottles to be any more effective. This also isn't even including the standard of every other hydro round where someone grows super seethers or boommatoes.
Yeah botanists are mostly ignored by the entire station. Botanists are already given major leeway in that no one really suspects them and its easy to grow horrible poison shit and use a sleepy pen to just take out everyone. The only time botanists are in danger of getting caught out is if they make maneaters or have a red chainsaw.
Just

Grow the poison!
Another admin astutely noted that this feels like giving a job strong traitor items just because the items are strong. I'm all for buffing roles that have a weak antag game, but I don't think Botanist is one of those. Botany has a lot of antag applications, and it already has some pretty good selection of job-specific traitor items. While I don't think giving antag Botanist poison bottles and syringes guns will harm the role, I do think it doesn't really add much. I just don't see a compelling case.