Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Explosive Resonance Generator
Explosion monitoring equipment... check.

(04-15-2021, 10:04 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: How's it going to work though with the fact that engineering usually makes power but science usually makes explosions?
Engineering is usually pretty self-sufficient on most maps.

my mouth is opening oh no Well spotted! I feel that is one of the major weak-points of the idea, it does suffer a bit regarding anything that should go into the explosives simulator should go in engine.  But I'm not sure if that is a bad thing.  Singularity goes through a procedure to setup and then... it just kind of is.  Using QM or Mechanics are really your paths forward.

Small array of furnaces and freezers would allow for basic TTV.  Equipment for pipebombs (uh, standard nearby Engineer equipment).

Engineering could have a teleport pad to allow for transport of "materials" from Toxins and Mining.  

Modified/Simplified Burn chamber could be used, but Toxins interactions seems more ideal, where there would be a nearby airlock near to the vent.

(04-16-2021, 03:40 PM)Camryn Wrote: Where's the unique failure mode?

Geothermal has hotspot stacking
Singularity has singuloose
TEG has (or had, RIP) runaway station-wide heating

First time I read that post was the first time I felt bad regarding "Hellburns"...

Tarmunora and Drago156 both mentioned the use of a shield to protect against the blast, I think that would be a great angle.  Something where there is some setup, charge time, and activation.  As the explosions increase the risk of messing up goes up.  This could then be an interesting vector for sabotage.

Messages In This Thread
Explosive Resonance Generator - by Azrun - 04-15-2021, 09:20 PM
RE: Explosive Resonance Engine - by ZeWaka - 04-15-2021, 09:53 PM
RE: Explosive Resonance Engine - by zjdtmkhzt - 04-15-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: Explosive Resonance Engine - by Camryn - 04-16-2021, 03:40 PM
RE: Explosive Resonance Engine - by Drago156 - 04-16-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: Explosive Resonance Engine - by Azrun - 04-17-2021, 09:27 PM
RE: Explosive Resonance Generator - by Azrun - 06-18-2021, 09:57 PM
RE: Explosive Resonance Generator - by MetricDuck - 06-19-2021, 09:00 AM