Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disable shuttle calling during blob rounds
90% of blob rounds end with the crew getting bored of fighting and calling the shuttle. Most other gamemodes that auto-end when the antagonist wins (nuke and rev) disable the shuttle, blob should not be an exception.
Disabling shuttle calls during blob will make it damn near impossible for blobs to ever actually win.  Playing blob is exhausting and the shuttle call is a godsend.  Pretty much every automatic round-ending win I've had as a blob has been because the other blobs get killed while I'm over 500 tiles.
Disable the shuttle but make it autocall at 60? 75? Or, make centcomm explode the station to prevent the "hostile anomaly" from getting to them.
Please. Disable the shuttle on blobs
Also if you remove the shuttle from blob then you can't have the blob rush at the shuttle and that's everyone's favorite part!
Isn't one of the current possible blob objectives "force evacuation"?
I've seen some pretty bad stalemates before, where neither side was managing to out do the other. I remember a round when a blob started in the armoury and the whole round went on for 70+ minutes. Removing calling the shuttle would just make people call for bringing this back
Idea of questionable quality: How about when the shuttle is called and about to arrive the crew gets a little annoncment from centcom explaing that instead of bringing the shuttle to their location they were preparing a laser to blow it up, then a countdown begins and at the end the round ends and everything dies
Maybe instead of preventing a shuttle call, maybe make it send like a cache of bioweapons to help against the blob?
(04-15-2021, 04:36 PM)CommaIndividual Wrote: Maybe instead of preventing a shuttle call, maybe make it send like a cache of bioweapons to help against the blob?

Then people would just call it the moment they see a blob

I do like what other people are suggesting where if the round goes on too long centcom just blows up the station with plasma artillery, like the rev gibwave
(04-15-2021, 04:38 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 04:36 PM)CommaIndividual Wrote: Maybe instead of preventing a shuttle call, maybe make it send like a cache of bioweapons to help against the blob?

Then people would just call it the moment they see a blob

I do like what other people are suggesting where if the round goes on too long centcom just blows up the station with plasma artillery, like the rev gibwave

Sound fun.  To add on a bit to my idea, maybe make it cost an exorbitant amount, or start a self-destruct countdown on the station, and if the blob is not dead after a certain amount of time past the cache's arrival the shuttle, or the station explodes.  Just an idea though.
We used to do this, then turned it off because it was bad. There hasn't really been any substantial change to blob since then so simply turning it back on is a non-starter.
Bad idea... my only suggestion is that arriving at Centcomm results in a blob win if a blob nucleus is on the shuttle regardless of any individual blob's pre-round win conditions.
Blobs win if any blobs are alive when the shuttle docks at Centcomm.
I think maybe send the shuttle back once on blob rounds like nuke mode does. Shuttle can still be called again but it's not overly crippling for the blob. It just really sucks being a blob, waiting a few minutes for things to settle before starting. Then the shuttle gets called at 12 minutes because you killed 3 people and no one wants to fight the blob.