Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
warcrimes, goonstation discord
i want to express my distaste for how warc is speaking in goonstation public channels, i hope this message comes through to them and makes them reconsider their behavior. i personally have in very few situations seen warcrimes speak in such a manner that isnt disrespectful at best, and downright hostile at worst to the other participants, especially in arguments and debates. i myself have been banned for the same manner of speaking and the way they treat people, due to it being a violation of the discord rules. this behavior also violates the admin guidelines outlined in the rules section of the wiki, specifically this segment:

[Image: 4f23c38a9a265455ae705f8e5f844b1e.png]

additionally, i've seen other administrators sweep this behavior under the rug with something along the line of "that's just how warc be", which does not excuse their mannerisms and if anything is encouraging their antagonistic conversational habits.  i can also speak from experience in saying that an average player making this excuse for continually being rude and abrasive to other people would result in an admin either telling them to improve their behavior, or just banning them anyways, depending on the context of the situation. i believe anyone in a position of authority in a group should be held to a higher standard in that group, and warc's behavior being excused like this and not being reprimanded is, in my opinion, Not Good.

i hope that this isn't taken as a bad faith argument, because it's not. this is meant to be criticism based on what i and other community members have witnessed, and nothing more.

oh dear god the image did not post correctly

okay so the image didn't send correctly and instead became a huge wall of text. whoops.

[Image: 4f23c38a9a265455ae705f8e5f844b1e.png]
this is what was meant to be sent. hopefully it works

Messages In This Thread
warcrimes, goonstation discord - by Mopcat - 04-14-2021, 01:09 PM
RE: warcrimes, goonstation discord - by Enakai - 04-14-2021, 02:16 PM
RE: warcrimes, goonstation discord - by Mopcat - 04-15-2021, 11:16 AM
RE: warcrimes, goonstation discord - by Superlagg - 04-14-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: warcrimes, goonstation discord - by Enakai - 04-15-2021, 12:24 PM
RE: warcrimes, goonstation discord - by warcrimes - 04-16-2021, 05:48 AM
RE: warcrimes, goonstation discord - by Mopcat - 04-16-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: warcrimes, goonstation discord - by moonlol - 04-18-2021, 12:59 PM