Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nature's Wrath 2: Elemental Edition
More Elementals!
It occurred to me just now that we could probably implement more elemental enemies to the game. The fire elementals are fun and even the few abilities they do have are incredibly useful. Spawning as other antagonists can be sorta scary because they don't have the utility and defenses that the fire elemental has. That and they just look sick as hell, lets be real. If you have any cool suggestions please put them in the comments! Here are a few ideas:

Snow Elemental
  • Snowball/Ice ranged attack.
  • Instead of becoming a fireball that travels through doors, let them become a snowball that gets bigger and faster the further it travels. The bigger and faster it gets, the better chance it has to just roll through doors and walls before losing enough speed to stop.
  • Passively chills rooms that it stays in or perhaps an ability that does this? I've had this idea for a while now about an artbomb that just causes a massive freeze around it that also freezes doors closed or open, could have that as an ability.

Sponge Elemental
  • Can absorb new liquids/reagents that it can use in it's abilities.
  • Attacking it causes these liquids/reagents to spray out.
  • Heals by absorbing more puddles of stuff.
  • Can cause gigantic lakes when it lets out all of the absorbed liquids inside of it.
  • Sprays liquids at people.

Filth Elemental
  • Could use the poltergeist sprite!
  • Travels as a cloud and leaves miasma in it's wake.
  • Converts consumable items into hostile cockroaches, flies, and rats that have a chance to spread diseases.
  • Absolutely disgusting fart emote that has a chance to cause people on screen to vomit.
  • Sludge ranged attack (p o o).

Electric Elemental
  • Travels through cables like the voltron does.
  • Causes nearby lights to flicker or break.
  • Drains power from APCs to heal.
  • Overcharges APCs for a short period so they shock people.
  • Temporarily electrifies doors.
  • Shoots lightning.
  • EMPs things.

Popecrunch Elemental
  • Forcibly blasts popecrunch cereal into people's mouths at a distance.
  • Sprays popecrunch cereal over the area that has an effect similar to a grenade going off (a cone of shrapnel).
  • Can cover himself in a ton of cereal (like a mechsuit) and get stronger at the cost of becoming much slower and tastier.
  • Can cause milk slicks to cover the floor.
are these ideas balanced? no idea but probably not. Are they fun and are something id like to see added? Yes, very much yes
These are good ideas, I really like em. I've been wanting to make more elementals cause fire elemental is so fun, but I didn't really have many fleshed out ideas. Also I never got any sprites for any possible elementals, and that is something I like to have cause working with coderart bums me out.
Maybe I can bully Neo into doing them.
yell at people on the discords spriter channel to make sprites for more elemental?
I remember i talked about this in the discord once...

PISS ELEMENTAL
Will the piss elemental's piss change colors based on how hydrated he is? This requires further science.
Filth Elemental and Piss Elemental are what I aspire to be every round I play.