Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give us some ideas for RP-friendly game modes/antagonists
psychics to skateboarders
cults to corporate reps
Mimics to tourists
botany hunters to forces of nature
aliens to (permently) rogue AIs
This thread has come up with a lot of intresting ideas that all range on the mundanity and danger spectrum
I hope at least one of them actually happens
Preferably mine
Due to an error, NanoTrasen accidentally shipped a gorilla to the station instead of a monkey. As gorillas are endangered and do not understand space, it is imperative that the gorilla be brought back, alive and unharmed, to Earth.
(04-20-2021, 03:03 AM)Mouse Wrote: Due to an error, NanoTrasen accidentally shipped a gorilla to the station instead of a monkey.  As gorillas are endangered and do not understand space, it is imperative that the gorilla be brought back, alive and unharmed, to Earth.

The gorilla would be a player, right? If so, what would the gorilla's objectives be?
(04-20-2021, 12:06 PM)TheRealFlapJackson Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 03:03 AM)Mouse Wrote: Due to an error, NanoTrasen accidentally shipped a gorilla to the station instead of a monkey.  As gorillas are endangered and do not understand space, it is imperative that the gorilla be brought back, alive and unharmed, to Earth.

The gorilla would be a player, right? If so, what would the gorilla's objectives be?

I didn't really think that far ahead.  Presumably cause a general mess of things that would be expected by a gorilla on a space station and possibly die in an entertaining way causing NanoTrasen to get in trouble with space PETA.
What about giving Inspector his own game-mode? The Inspector has an infinite-usage camera (with a long cooldown, of course) that can be used to take photos of blood and messes (which would reduce some sort of points/score), but he can also use a modified ticket maker to record positive things, like the clown being funny or a department being efficient. (increases the points/score). The crew loses if the round ends with the inspector's score below a certain level, or if the Inspector dies.

Bonus points if there's 1-2 traitors who have to kill the Inspector or steal his shoes/hat/camera, meaning security and medical would have to work hard to make sure he's alive and well.

(04-13-2021, 06:03 AM)Cal Wrote: A single Syndicate stealth ops with no lethals, and a toned down tranq gun with the objective to kidnap someone for mindslaving? They could spawn with a tranq gun with perf or something so people cant speak, and a stun baton to grab people.

EDIT: After some googling, it looks like other servers have something similar already, where they kidnap people and give them beneficial organs and a temporary antag status.

The organs arn't particularly beneficial but my god they are INTERESTING, if people think adding an abductor-like to Goon would be fun i will code
(05-25-2021, 12:00 PM)ThePooba Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 06:03 AM)Cal Wrote: A single Syndicate stealth ops with no lethals, and a toned down tranq gun with the objective to kidnap someone for mindslaving? They could spawn with a tranq gun with perf or something so people cant speak, and a stun baton to grab people.

EDIT: After some googling, it looks like other servers have something similar already, where they kidnap people and give them beneficial organs and a temporary antag status.

The organs arn't particularly beneficial but my god they are INTERESTING, if people think adding an abductor-like to Goon would be fun i will code

Variety is always good!

The more the merrier!
(05-25-2021, 03:29 PM)CommaIndividual Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:00 PM)ThePooba Wrote:

Variety is always good!

The more the merrier!

I think there was a thread about this already, but damn i'd love an abductor-esque on goon.
(04-12-2021, 11:47 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: A loooong time ago I had an idea for a syndicate spy drone antagonist that had poor killing power but many abilities that made them difficult to catch and could mess with station equipment in annoying ways by uploading viruses into consoles, with their objectives generally being focused on stealing important items and bugging important consoles. The general idea is an antagonist that struggles to kill anyone but can annoy the hell out of the entire station while taking significant effort to kill or capture. They could work well as an RP-exclusive gamemode where a group of them tries to stop the station from getting anything done, or alone as a side antagonist on the main server that distracts the crew from other antagonists by being extremely annoying.
Imma Make a couple sprites for this as a fun little project in the next few days. after that its up to the coders. any idea what these should look like? ghost drone but syndicate version perhaps? something else in mind?
(05-27-2021, 03:37 AM)DannyEatsCheese Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 11:47 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: A loooong time ago I had an idea for a syndicate spy drone antagonist that had poor killing power but many abilities that made them difficult to catch and could mess with station equipment in annoying ways by uploading viruses into consoles, with their objectives generally being focused on stealing important items and bugging important consoles. The general idea is an antagonist that struggles to kill anyone but can annoy the hell out of the entire station while taking significant effort to kill or capture. They could work well as an RP-exclusive gamemode where a group of them tries to stop the station from getting anything done, or alone as a side antagonist on the main server that distracts the crew from other antagonists by being extremely annoying.
Imma Make a couple sprites for this as a fun little project in the next few days. after that its up to the coders. any idea what these should look like? ghost drone but syndicate version perhaps? something else in mind?

I was thinking small humanoid robots, like metal gremlins.
After a particularly interesting changeling gimmick I ran on RP, I had an idea for a new antag. It'd play something alike the headspider mode of the changeling, only you'd have no ways to kill people as one and you'd be extremely vulnerable. Crawling into people wouldn't give you control, but would let you talk to them. Your presence in people would give them a few powers, such as regeneration and you'd have abilities to help them out, but no abilities to kill or control them. So you'd have to hide inside people, roleplay with them to let you live inside them, maybe coerce or manipulate them into it. If they try to surgery you out, maybe you'd have an ability to stun them and get ejected out so you can find another host. Not sure what the end objective would be. Survival only? Convincing people to steal objects?

I had great fun roleplaying as a headspider and giving full control to the person I jumped into and roleplaying as just an observer riding along while giving them a few powers.
(06-02-2021, 08:36 AM)Varali Wrote: After a particularly interesting changeling gimmick I ran on RP, I had an idea for a new antag. It'd play something alike the headspider mode of the changeling, only you'd have no ways to kill people as one and you'd be extremely vulnerable. Crawling into people wouldn't give you control, but would let you talk to them. Your presence in people would give them a few powers, such as regeneration and you'd have abilities to help them out, but no abilities to kill or control them. So you'd have to hide inside people, roleplay with them to let you live inside them, maybe coerce or manipulate them into it. If they try to surgery you out, maybe you'd have an ability to stun them and get ejected out so you can find another host. Not sure what the end objective would be. Survival only? Convincing people to steal objects?

I had great fun roleplaying as a headspider and giving full control to the person I jumped into and roleplaying as just an observer riding along while giving them a few powers.

What if crawling inside of them gave them an antag status as long as you are in them, so you can get them to murder because if they stopped, the voice in their head wouldn't leave them alone.
A group of three 'evil' clowns that have special equipment that don't directly kill people, but more just detriment them.