Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give us some ideas for RP-friendly game modes/antagonists
So I know I had already posted an idea, however there was another idea I couldn't help but mention too

While I'm not certain how much this could actually be considered an antag, as it doesnt follow the usual "cause havoc" so of deal, it feels like a fun concept idea.

The basic idea is that this group of five or so aliens spawn on their own little asteroid base/some sort of ship, and teleport themselves onto the station where they do certain tasks. Their main task is always one singular one, gaining a certain amount of knowledge about the people on the station.

These aliens are physically weak but technologically superior to NT, with weaponry as well as gadgets so complicated nobody outside of them can actually use them. As their gadgets are so advanced, the sheer simplicity of NT's gear is too basic for them to figure out how to use it.

Meaning, these aliens wish to learn about these primitives still using lasers in their ranged weapons, hah! Whether it be from forceful, or perhaps more political means, they need to take technology and investigate it back in their base.

Over time this would not only gain knowledge, but also the ability to produce specialized equipment such as special organs after "peacefully" abducting someone for experimentation. Perhaps if the primitives are kind enough, then they'll even trade! Who knows, these intellectually superior aliens probably have access to some rare resources that they gain rather easily.

With this antag, the players wouldnt even be able to understand anyone but each other at first. Although over time, more of this human vocabulary is learnt until they could actually communicate though at a gradual pace.

My idea with these aliens is that they'd be quite condescending, perhaps even made to appear really tall to literally look down at everyone else.

Their advanced technology could allow for aggressive playstyles, though would ultimately get murdered if they dont play smart judging by their fragile bodies. Instead of that, there could be rounds with them being completely friendly and eventually have the ability to even teach other players how to use their gear which would be special and extremely useful.

Obviously, playing as a team would be recommended in any situations. Power in numbers always helps, even if you have a gun that shoot pure dark energy - especially when a fire extinguisher to the head could give you a concussion.

Oops another rant- Just had to share this idea as well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give us some ideas for RP-friendly game modes/antagonists - by childd - 04-13-2021, 01:42 PM