Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give us some ideas for RP-friendly game modes/antagonists
Truth be told i'd like to see some existing Antag Roles in RP but perhaps with modified objectives to make for a more fun and RP heavy round.

I'l admit i havn't really experienced the other Antags as i've soley played on RP so i don't know how viable that would be but i always wondered if Wizard (or even Wolf) could've had a modified objective set that would incentivise RP over wanton destruction.

Perhaps a bit of a cheap awnser but there's always the idea to add an "Avoid killing people" or "Don't kill more then X people." objectives

Alternatively if those things are not quite possible another idea is some kind've "conversion" Antag who's objective is to convert X amount of the crew. Conversion process, its duration, requirement or what it would look like, would be up for debate.

What could the Antag be/look like? Two examples could be:
  • Parasite/Biological Entity/Infested : Admittedly a kind've a toned down/different Ling, a biological entity infiltrating the crew and trying to propagate itsself among the crew and eventually trying to hitch a ride to Centcom (2. Alternative Objectives could involve Kill/Convert Specific Target Objectives or perhaps Steal Item Objective ᵀʰᵉ ᵖᵃʳᵃˢᶦᵗᵉ ᶦˢ ᵗʳʸᶦⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵃ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳˢᵗᵃⁿᵈᶦⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ᵃⁿ ᵒᵇʲᵉᶜᵗ or Steal Food specifically ʸᵘᵐᵐʸ ᶠᵒᵒᵈ ᵖᵃʳᵃˢᶦᵗᵉ ˡᶦᵏᵉˢ). the Parasite host would have to hunt down and knock out/incapacitate a target and start a conversion process where they infest their target with a parasite aswell. (2. Perhaps the target has limited time to remove the parasite after the process similar to a Headspider although that would quickly become problematic if they decide to call alarms or decide to suicide). Once infected Target is converted and recieves Antag Status and has to try and help propagating the Parasite in the ship. (2. Parasites could potentially recieve Hive Mind but uncertain on this). They would likely have some abilities ready to help them allong but i've not finalized or even theorized too much on what that'd look like other then again toned down/different Ling abilities.
  • Syndicate Conversion/Recruitement/Progapanda Op/Agent : A bit more based on technology/gadgets then the Parasite. Perhaps a bit similar to the Stealth Op previously mentioned in the thread except this perticular agents objective is to slowly (but permenantly) brainwash members of NT and allign them with Syndicate Interest. Synd Conversion Agents survival is often secondairy and typically they're not expected to make their way to Centcom, they're expected to convert a good portion of the crew to allign with the Syndicate. (2. Alternative Objective would probably involve Kill/Convert Specific Target Objectives or Sabotage Objectives of some kind). Perhaps the Agent has access to Syndicate Tokens similar to Traitors but they start out with fewer, earning more as they convert more members of the Crew and perhaps only have access to a limited amount of items (or new/different items entirely).
Annyway, that's it's a rough idea at best that i'm sure has already been thought of but throwing it out there annyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give us some ideas for RP-friendly game modes/antagonists - by Oremir - 04-13-2021, 08:10 AM