Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes the cyalumes saber ability to deflect projectiles
I'm not sure if blocking already takes stamina but I feel like that could also help a bit, the making them deflect to random directions would make it a lot less annoying too since a lot of time if you shoot at one you can't even tell if their blocking. My solution just ends up being HEing a wall next to them to knock them over a lot of the time.
Instead of reflecting the shot back at the shooter, what if it reflected it off to the side of the shooter. Like, pick a tile perpendicular to the shooter and reflect the projectile there. So you can shoot the csaberer safely if you're running toward them, but it can still be dangerous if you're moving in the wrong direction.
I feel that its fine where it is. There isnt much counter to ranged weapons, the barrier being the only other counter I can think of right now. Its a strong melee weapon, thats what its supposed to be. The katana and red chainsaw all have their advantages too. The katana can de-arm everyone in 2 clicks, and has its dash to evade people. The red chainsaw has stun and mauls out organs; which in most medbays, you arent getting those organs fixed so you're gonna die.
(04-10-2021, 05:20 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: I feel that its fine where it is. There isnt much counter to ranged weapons, the barrier being the only other counter I can think of right now. Its a strong melee weapon, thats what its supposed to be. The katana and red chainsaw all have their advantages too. The katana can de-arm everyone in 2 clicks, and has its dash to evade people. The red chainsaw has stun and mauls out organs; which in most medbays, you arent getting those organs fixed so you're gonna die.

Yep. Katana has mobility and delimbs, red chainsaw stuns and de-organs. The only thing the C-Saber would have if you take away its current ability to deflect is that it can easily be stowed in a pocket I guess? Katana takes up a belt slot and can be stowed, Red Chainsaw is just LOUD and IN HAND.

The C-Saber fits in your pocket yeah, and might be stealthy like that, but it makes the loudest fucking noise when you take it out, it literally makes you glow in the dark, and you can hear it cutting people to pieces from like two departments over.

If its ability to be defensive is removed, it doesn't have much left after that.
SMH imagine not just taking your armored sec butt up to that dang nerd and spam disarming them? I have legit done this as a detective with only an armor vest against a saber armed scinerd on stims, guess how many casualties happened besides me and the saber nerd (their micros/macro aside)? maybe one, from before I arrived on the scene. The saber is way weaker than people think, and if every saber nerd was met with a group of three people spamming disarm on them, they'd lose every time.

That said I do think it's very silly that the c-saber does insane amounts of bleed, when the weapon it's based on (the lightsaber from star wars) literally cauterizes as it cuts, and the blade is a projection of energy by focusing light through a crystal. remove the bleed, maybe give it a very minor bonus against armor, and otherwise leave it as is, and I think it'd be perfectly fine.

But if you absolutely want a change to the deflect, maybe make it so the deflect has a maybe 1/10 chance of reflecting the shot back and otherwise dissipates the energy of the projectile or melts the bullet away. Also possibly put the deflection on a cooldown of 3-5 seconds or cancel block after a deflect, to actually justify the use of burst fire taser, or boost the taser SMG.
Yeah what Drago said. People seem to underestimate how strong disarm is. Thats one of the reasons I never liked using melee weapons because any nerd can just rush up on you and spam disarm.
I think everyone saying "just disarm them lmao" has forgotten you can staple sabers to your arm now.
at the most i'd say let it deflect bullets

but deflecting energy projectiles so many times might make it overheat

and stapling a saber onto your arm is dicey since that paints a giant target on your back unless the other crew knows you aren't a traitor and it's just something you got from a traitor.

not trying to be rude or mean but this just reads to me as "i died to this so nerf it!"
(04-11-2021, 02:00 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I think everyone saying "just disarm them lmao" has forgotten you can staple sabers to your arm now.

Well stapling it on your arm kinda removes the bonus of being able to hide the saber.
(04-11-2021, 02:00 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I think everyone saying "just disarm them lmao" has forgotten you can staple sabers to your arm now.

You aren't aware then that disarming someone with a saber out has a chance to make them whack themselves? This is significantly more risky with saber arming, because you can keep getting hit with it if you get stunned, until your arm gets whacked off and you're left dying on the ground about 400 brute into crit.
just slip them

ram them with a segway

throw a glass of deathchems at them

juke them and bait a beepsky at them
I believe that being able to shove a csaber arm is kind of defunct when you can just turn the csaber arm off, unlike most other staplable equipment, yu can just turn it into a useless arm with a button click.
(04-12-2021, 02:53 AM)NOOT Wrote: I believe that being able to shove a csaber arm is kind of defunct when you can just turn the csaber arm off, unlike most other staplable equipment, yu can just turn it into a useless arm with a button click.

even if the csabers off and you disarm them it will turn back on on its own. allowing them to be stabbed.