HoS Application
Usual character name: Anna Conda / Dallas Colt
BYOND username: Skegal
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Skegal
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee. 

Reason for application: I like being in security and i think having an HoS in the crew is good, especially on lowpop where you might be one or two sec off only, or just that sometilmes there is no sec off and it make it harder to enforce the law.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I never counted when i started playing as sec honestly, i am playing it more recently tho.
I really like to combat too, i am not very robust but we have good chase and i like dying in an epic way.

Security are here to bring a little bit of peace into the chaos and de-escalating things and most of all, protect the crew against antag and rescue them.
One important thing is also to make the antag rounds fun, what i mean is, dont make their work too easy, but also dont be too rough and valid hunter, for example, if someone have a wrestling belt you can arrest them and take the belt, yes, but you can also check what is their purpose, and see they are just making a wrestling contest with volunteer, and really take action if the antag cross the line and start attacking unwilling people.

I tend to prefer being chill and calm during my approach, warning them first before shooting my taser like it is ok corral ,and, remove the contraband instead of brigging (if they are not murderer of course)
I use space law as guidelines, but can be lax for petty contraband and and petty theft etc, we are all here to have fun.

Sometimes i was a bit too rought and baton easy on antag critters and i regret it, and before i was really too chill about antags, i think im at a good compromise now, even if i can fault sometimes based on error of judgment.

If you have bad experiences about me in security, feel free to speak up, it can only make me improve how i play it.

PS: i also love playing as a part-time vice officer, its literally security assistant but cooler, and it's miami.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Don't be aggressive towards the crew, if you help them, and are nice during the arrest/search they will play often play it nice too. 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) 
    On goon 2 there was that time we did a wrestling contest with the nuke commander, betting the station.
    Also, there was a time i didnt joined as a security officer but transformed into a bumble spider and got hired as a sec assistant. (same when we did a mayhem in the wrestling when we were learning the basic of fighting with a security officer when i was a new player, the fight lost control with a lot of people wrestling each other and the captain and the sec team captured us and, hired us).
    There was also that time i recruited a vampire i had cuffed, to fight the ling, recruting antag to fight each other is always fun (make sure you implant them with a tracker).

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?

One thing that could be great is to program the chute to be opened with a button, i had problems with 2 peoples assaulting me when i was the only sec off, and had to brig them, one got out after the timer but the chute closed, and the other one was stuck here and assaulted me again when i opened the door and told him he was free. I don't see much honestly , and what i said is merely an inconveniance more than a real problem.

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When i am the only one i warn the captain like if he was the HoS and use the AI more to have clues about crimers /where they are, unlike when in a team where i mostly ask the other security member.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Slipped me with a banana? You're gonna taste the tonfa!

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I have found a roboticist happy to replace all my organs and limbs, replaced the security armor with the one made from a cyborg chest and use the swat gas mask reward to impersonate a robot cop, speaking in a very short and robotic way.
    Or getting some NT-SO uniform, armor and beret (or helmet depending on the mining level) and playing as a makeshift NT-SO.
    And also, the classic getting a cowboy hat etc and playing as a sheriff (work best for detectives with the colt)
  • Draw a picture!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I got banned by grifflez for self antagging as a clown (i opened the escape airlock and slipped people on cog1, thinking they would be caught by the catwalk, this happened to me recently and no, the catwalk dont save you, was a fair ban)

EDIT i didnt see before posting: "or just that sometilmes there is no sec off and it make it harder to enforce the law.": There is no HoS
I think you are a good sec officer and learn fast, but still needs some more experience. no rating for now
+1 from me. Pretty chill sec but also quite robust.