Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starlight should not burn vampires on water maps.
Honestly doesn't really make any sense, vampires are already pretty underpowered compared to other antags, and it would make water maps stick out from space maps more.
Doesn't moving water harm vampires?

I mean, debate on the definition of moving, I'm just wondering if I'm not mis-remembering this from somewhere.
I dont believe vampires are underpowered. The issue is, if vampires can use space, any time they get attacked they can use their ice bat ability and launch anyone near them off the Z level.
Depends on if we are going by the logic that moving water hurts vamps like the classic tales I suppose. That would just need to change the flavor text from starlight hurting them to moving water hurting them.
Though yeah I've always thought it was weird that vamps are getting hurt on the bottom of the ocean by starlight.
You may notice that the ocean floor around Oshan is usually well lit. That's natural lighting AKA sunlight AKA the same thing that hurts vampires in space.

The practical, mechanical factor is that vampires should generally stay on the station, where they can be chased around by the crew. It makes sense that vampires have the same strengths/weaknesses generally in space and on Oshan. It also makes it harder to stand out in the sea and suck blood from people which I see as a plus
Oshans not very deep then is it?
It isn't, no. But the trench is supposed to be relatively deep, or at least be significantly shadowier.
(04-09-2021, 03:07 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Oshans not very deep then is it?

Given that it's not suggested to earth the starlight here could be extremely intense, which is why only warp and underwater travel is possible?
True. Though has anyone played as a vampire and gone into the trench at all? There is no light down there really so it shouldnt hurt vamps.
Abzu is just holy as shit guys.
The chaplain blessed the ocean so now it's all Holy water
Yeah I was gonna say that maybe there was an industrial holy water spillage nearby which has permanently made the surrounding ocean filled with diluted holy water.
Silly idea: the water on oshan and manta is holy water instead of regular water